Hoboken Week in Review – 10/18/2009
Brrrr! Why so early?
While the weather has been sucking lately – look for some marked improvements this week!
Also – get outside and check out the 28th Annual Hoboken Artists Studio Tour today – all over town! Free wine and snacks to fuel your long-distance walking!
So what made the most noteworthy entries for the week ending Sunday, October 18th, 2009?
What happened this week?
Sure, while politics is a big deal to some in town – many of us just wanted to talk about our favorite restaurants in Hoboken!
Amazing SEVEN people are interested in managing the city we call home. See the two hour video of their debate last week!
Hoboken sends stray animals to a torture chamber in Newark, NJ – what will you do to help put an end to it?
We’ve been suffering from mid-winter weather for the past few days – which has totally blown!
For those of you that went to The Hunt yesterday – how do you feel today? How did the weather hold out for ya?
A well-liked Hoboken Chef prepares food for the White House – how special!
How do you feel about ordering from Hoboken restaurants that are horrifically inefficient?
A dead guy washes up on Hoboken’s shores… what a drag!
Hoboken411 has two pairs of Smokey Robinson tickets to give away – do you want some? Comment on the story to be entered into the random drawing.
- UPDATED: Uh – Hoboken411 loves the Taco Truck – holy crap, thank God they’re not near my house – I’d turn into a friggin taco NO DOUBT; Pier C Park is sort of getting closer to opening – me still thinks it’ll be a pre-election ribbon-cutting, but ya never know; The Clearview Cinemas is set top open on Friday, October 23rd – swing down for the beer garden at the very least!
- DOOMED: I forgot to add one branch of TD Banknorth to the doomed list a while ago….
- NEW: An affordable ladies clothing shop – Elegantly F.L.I. opened up at the end of the Summer… and finally got an entry on Hoboken411
See what’s happening this week on Hoboken411 event calendar!
- Today is DAY TWO of the Turning Point 2nd Anniversary – head over before 3pm for free coffee and soup!
- National Feral Cat Day was last week – but a fundraiser at Louise and Jerry’s is on Thursday, October 22nd!
- Baseball Fever – The League Championship Series continue!
- The NY Waterway Fall Foliage Tours started up last weekend. Give it a shot – it’s fun!
- The Fastest Bartender Contest also continues this week…
- The Downtown Farmers Market on Tuesday
- After you stock up on veggies- have a beer and test your trivia skills at Mikie Squared on Tuesday
- The Uptown Farmers Market on Thursday
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!”– George Carlin