Hoboken Week in Review – 9/27/2009
Arts & Music Festival today!
Hopefully the rain is done soon, and everyone who chooses to attend the Hoboken Fall Arts & Music Festival can do it in dry clothes!
So what made the hottest entries for the week ending Sunday, September 27th, 2009?
Fall has begun!
Received many email complaints about one particular reader. Less than 50% wanted this person banned. What would you do? In Hoboken, it’d mean a “runoff election,” of course.
A regular occurrence in Hoboken – another pier crumbles into the Hudson River.
Two years go by, and still no meaningful action towards a SW Park. In fact, the park space is shrinking!
A plan is in the works to build four more 12-story residential towers along the waterfront.
A third charter school is approved in Hoboken.
Mayoral candidate Beth Mason releases a second TV spot for her campaign.
Stevens Institute’s 15 variances are granted for their Sinatra Drive development plans.
One 411 reader notices the blatant disregard for traffic and parking rules one Chinese restaurant has.
The Rent-Leveling Board meets…
One particularly dangerous intersection remains as such. No one likes following the rules.
- NEW: A new place just for washing your dog opens up this weekend!
- COMING SOON: Maxwell Place gets a few new tenants: PNC Bank, and Massage Envy; Plus a new non-chain Family Pharmacy is slated for First Street.
- UPDATED: Also coming soon to Maxwell Place is The Hoboken Man Salon – updated with interior photos. Look for them in October. The Clearview Cinemas uptown is getting much closer to opening, too!
See what’s happening this week on Hoboken411 event calendar!
- Of course, today is the Arts & Music Festival…
- The Downtown Farmers Market on Tuesday
- After you stock up on veggies- have a beer and test your trivia skills at Mikie Squared on Tuesday
- The Uptown Farmers Market on Thursday
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“So I will say it with relish. Give me a hamburger but hold the lawsuit.”– S. I. Hayakawa