Hoboken Week in Review – 9/6/2009
Unofficial end of Summer
Everyone seems to get something from the last unofficial long weekend of the summer. Whether it’s the last hurrah at a summer home, a relaxing break from the grind – or just enjoying the company of new friends. The beautiful thing about our seasons is, that when they end – another one is ready to begin!
OK, enough of my reflective random thoughts – See what made the most discussed entries for the week ending Sunday, September 6th, 2009 below!
Stuff happens in Hoboken
The twice-monthly city council meetings back after a mini-vacation. The latest disorganized mess runs SIX HOURS.
Park & Sixth Comfort food continues to win new customers. Even includes 411 in their new billboard!
Hope all the readers are having a nice long weekend! What are you doing today?
The acting mayor hires a traffic engineer to count quarters.
The city claims transparency in the hiring process of new directors. Much of Hoboken calls “Bull-Sh*t!”
A couple photoshops of the acting mayor surface. Those that laughed hard when Cammarano was getting ridiculed – aren’t laughing now.
A self-proclaimed bike-friendly town Hoboken is, but has nowhere to put the damn things.
Hoboken is back to shuttling tax payer revenue right out the door with the added senior citizen market-mobile.
Drivers race around Hoboken like they’re in NASCAR. The city tries some deterrents to have them slow down.
Many Hoboken residents are beginning to see fishy behavior at the White House.
The city seems to be perpetually paving – but the number of potholes stays the same. A mystery of the universe indeed.
- DOOMED: One shoe to drop was the closing of Shoeuphoria last week.
- UPDATED: The city in smoothing some roads over!
- NEW!: A new spa opens up on Newark Street; and one more business tries to succeed at the doomed 14th and Bloomfied spot: “Purple Diamondz.”
- COMING SOON: Best Buy is apparently coming close to Hoboken; Yet another sandwich shop “Dino” is arriving on Washington Street.
See what’s happening this week on Hoboken411 event calendar!
- The Downtown Farmers Market on Tuesday
- After you stock up on veggies- have a beer and test your trivia skills at Mikie Squared on Tuesday
- The Uptown Farmers Market on Thursday
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“True intimacy is the opening of one soul to another. No gift on earth could compare with it, for it touches us more profoundly than our imagination can envision. When two people share their lives, freely, openly, without reservation, it is as if each had become complete.”– Robert Sexton