Holiday Slowdown in Hoboken
Yes. Many places may be closed this weekend!
It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that many local businesses may close down for a portion or all of the Labor Day weekend each year.
If you’re one of the remaining residents left to mill around the mile square – I’d suggest you do exactly that. Mill around town. On foot. It’s going to be a beautiful weekend. Grab your cameras (take some photos for Hoboken411 too!) and see some areas you don’t normally get to see.
I’d suspect a greater number of downtown businesses may remain open compared to uptown. Speaking of which – here’s a brief collection of uptown tidbits I picked up yesterday (in case you’re interested):
- Madison Bar & Grill plus Helmers’ – closed for the entire weekend (interior renovations)
- Augustino’s is also closed until Wednesday
- Bars like City Bistro, Lua and Liberty should be open the whole weekend (not sure about Monday – call to confirm)
- Most retail shops uptown will be closed, with some exceptions (like Paul Michael)
- Maxwell’s will be open all days except Monday
Certainly there are a plethora of other business openings and closings – but just use common sense and either call – or get off your lazy butts and walk around a bit.
Speaking of lazy – the Hoboken website has zero “biography” for our acting Mayor. No surprise there…