QotD: Favorite Hoboken Cupcakes?

9/1/2009:

I know I promised a 30-day moritorium on “Cake” – but this is different – we’re talking CUPcakes!

favorite-hoboken-cupcakes

Do you have a favorite?

A very simple question today:

QotD: What is your favorite cupcake place in Hoboken, and why?

What is your favorite cupcake in Hoboken?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Submit your own questions!

[If you have a question you’d like to get public opinion on – feel free to send an email to Hoboken411. Subject must start with QotD – and follow the same format: Opening statement – then Question.]

Leave a Reply

25 Comments on "QotD: Favorite Hoboken Cupcakes?"

emarche
Member

One of these bakeries needs to make a Ron Bennington’s I’ve Got My Own Cupcake, Cupcake.

cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/20...endorsement-for-ron-bennington.html

ShoeGal318
Member
ShoeGal318

One of these bakeries needs to make a Chocolate cupcake with Nutella filling and some sort of ridiculously chocolately Icing. OMG Nutella + Chocolate = eternal love.

bsrm
Member
bsrm

Where is Sweet?

jman01
Member
jman01

4th & Garden

In response to bsrm who said:
Where is Sweet?

pawzclawz
Member
pawzclawz

You’re right. It’s 4th & Garden. I apologize. I suck at directions.

In response to jman01 who said:
4th & Garden

pawzclawz
Member
pawzclawz

4th & Bloomfield

In response to bsrm who said:
Where is Sweet?

masterofkarate
Member
masterofkarate

actually 4th and garden…

In response to pawzclawz who said:
4th & Bloomfield

mooshu
Member
mooshu

Sweet’s red velvet and chocolate peanut butter cupcakes are the best in Hoboken.

pawzclawz
Member
pawzclawz

I wasn’t fond of the red velvet. The peanut butter ones were great. I love peanut butter.

In response to mooshu who said:
Sweet’s red velvet and chocolate peanut butter cupcakes are the best in Hoboken.

mooshu
Member
mooshu

Me too. In comparison to other cupcakes in town, these are my top picks. Sweet’s peanut butter frosting is perfect and it works well with rich chocolate cake. If only their other frosting flavors had the same melt-in-your-mouth quality.

Cream cheese, vanilla and chocolate frosting need work. Less confectioner’s sugar, more nurturing and patience, a little refrigeration prior to icing… and confidence in final product can make them all ten times better. However, the red velvet cake is very good, even on its own.

Do you bake :)? My favorites to bake are pumpkin-walnut and apple-walnut-raisin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

In response to pawzclawz who said:
I wasn’t fond of the red velvet. The peanut butter ones were great. I love peanut butter.

pawzclawz
Member
pawzclawz

I don’t bake or cook often. I do like to. I am always willing to try out a food or baking recipe that sounds good. You sparked my interest with pumpkin walnut and apple walnut raisin and cream cheese frosting. Willing to share your recipe?

In response to mooshu who said:
Me too. In comparison to other cupcakes in town, these are my top picks. Sweet’s peanut butter frosting is perfect and it works well with rich chocolate cake. If only their other frosting flavors had the same melt-in-your-mouth quality.

Cream cheese, vanilla and chocolate frosting need work. Less confectioner’s sugar, more nurturing and patience, a little refrigeration prior to icing… and confidence in final product can make them all ten times better. However, the red velvet cake is very good, even on its own.

Do you bake :)? My favorites to bake are pumpkin-walnut and apple-walnut-raisin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

mooshu
Member
mooshu

;). I love baking but don’t do it as often as I should either. And I’ll tell you what; I won’t give away my secret modifications, but I will share one of my favorite, tried-and-true online recipes of all time:

http://southernfood.about.com/od/pumpkins/r/bl40104c.htm

Last words? Take your time. And don’t speed into the frosting– taste it as you go (you’ll be using less than the amount indicated if you do that, and they’ll taste so much better), nurture it a lot then refrigerate for awhile so that it becomes thick and “sturdy” enough. Also, use room temperature cream cheese.

I never follow the rules 100%. Works every time.

In response to pawzclawz who said:
I don’t bake or cook often. I do like to. I am always willing to try out a food or baking recipe that sounds good. You sparked my interest with pumpkin walnut and apple walnut raisin and cream cheese frosting. Willing to share your recipe?

pawzclawz
Member
pawzclawz

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I’ll give it a shot.

In response to mooshu who said:
;). I love baking but don’t do it as often as I should either. And I’ll tell you what; I won’t give away my secret modifications, but I will share one of my favorite, tried-and-true online recipes of all time:

http://southernfood.about.com/od/pumpkins/r/bl40104c.htm

Last words? Take your time. And don’t speed into the frosting– taste it as you go (you’ll be using less than the amount indicated if you do that, and they’ll taste so much better), nurture it a lot then refrigerate for awhile so that it becomes thick and “sturdy” enough. Also, use room temperature cream cheese.

I never follow the rules 100%. Works every time.

hobposer
Member
hobposer

Lets have a hoboken411 cupcake bake off? We’ll need non bias judges too!!

In response to mooshu who said:
;). I love baking but don’t do it as often as I should either. And I’ll tell you what; I won’t give away my secret modifications, but I will share one of my favorite, tried-and-true online recipes of all time:

http://southernfood.about.com/od/pumpkins/r/bl40104c.htm

Last words? Take your time. And don’t speed into the frosting– taste it as you go (you’ll be using less than the amount indicated if you do that, and they’ll taste so much better), nurture it a lot then refrigerate for awhile so that it becomes thick and “sturdy” enough. Also, use room temperature cream cheese.

I never follow the rules 100%. Works every time.

mooshu
Member
mooshu

Oscar would not make the best judge. He probably loves all cupcakes, equally :).

In response to midtownauthentic who said:
Lets have a hoboken411 cupcake bake off? We’ll need non bias judges too!!

hobposer
Member
hobposer

this is true! lets ask the carlo’s crew to judge? we might even be on tv. If we are i’ll wear a hoboken411.com t shirt while they film because the world should know about Hoboken and the best site in Hoboken!!

In response to mooshu who said:
Oscar would not make the best judge. He probably loves all cupcakes, equally :).

strand tramp
Member
strand tramp

how’s that new business start up working for you so far?

In response to midtownauthentic who said:
this is true! lets ask the carlo’s crew to judge? we might even be on tv. If we are i’ll wear a hoboken411.com t shirt while they film because the world should know about Hoboken and the best site in Hoboken!!

hobposer
Member
hobposer

making sales and lots of 411 people coming to give well wishes

In response to strand tramp who said:
how’s that new business start up working for you so far?

crissyjen
Member
crissyjen

Frozen Monjkey’s cupcakes weren’t on the poll. They make a mean Magnolia cupcake. Carlo’s is good 4 their black & white icing cupcakes 2. I wasn’t impressed w the other cupcake joints in town. As a cupcake junkie, I will give a shout out 2 any other greats I taste out there.

In response to midtownauthentic who said:
making sales and lots of 411 people coming to give well wishes

ShoeGal318
Member
ShoeGal318

WHAT is that cupcake pictured above?? I must try it!

jman01
Member
jman01

That looks like toasted coconut. I don’t think I’ve ever seen something like that at Sweet though.

In response to ShoeGal318 who said:
WHAT is that cupcake pictured above?? I must try it!

wpDiscuz