QotD: Expanding Hoboken?
What is wrong with this concept?
I still think that back when I introduced this concept of “expanding” Hoboken into the Hudson River like they did over in Battery Park was a missed opportunity for our city. While we clamor over lame parks and open space, parking, etc – this doesn’t seem like a far-fetched idea – and can bring many good things to our city. I guess we’ll have to wait until more capable, forward-thinking individuals are running the show around here.
What purpose does that cove serve exactly?
Hoboken’s own Battery Park?
- The Hoboken Cove/Inlet by the uptown bridges is a waste – and goes largely unused.
- Construction companies would PAY Hoboken to dump their raw material landfill there.
- Get Federal Grant monies to build/construct the land.
- Generate Revenue: Demolish and sell the High School – and the Football Field (approx $50 million).
- Move H.S. and field to the new location – along with many other fields, courts and open space.
A whole neighborhood in Manhattan was built in the exact same manner – why not Hoboken?
QotD: What do you think of this concept?
Submit your own questions!
[If you have a question you'd like to get public opinion on - feel free to send an email to Hoboken411. Subject must start with QotD - and follow the same format: Opening statement - then Question.]Hoboken NJ