Hoboken Week in Review – 8/16/2009
We’re due for another breaking news story
Like week-long Chinese water torture, big nuggets of news seep out of Hoboken every week or two recently… wonder what will be next?
So what made the most discussed entries for the week ending Sunday, August 16th, 2009?
Hazy, Hot and Hoboken
The interim Mayor hires a well-liked young man to be her helper at City Hall. Many wonder if the process in which this took place was as transparent as it should have been…
The big helicopter/plane crash over the Hudson story is just about closed.
The topic of businesses being closed on Mondays during the “tough” economy.
I thank the readers for being part of the ever-growing and diverse community.
The NY Yankees are solidifying quite well as a team. Will that hold into the post-season?
- YOU’RE OUT?
Beth Mason says her plan to build a ballpark uptown is great – some residents don’t agree.
One rare accident over the Hudson gets politicos talking about changing the rules… some don’t think it’s necessary.
13-year old Hoboken student Will Tavlin makes his directorial debut on Hoboken411, with a video about the city’s financial problems!
Possible radar installation at an uptown intersection. Big Brother is watching you!
Former Hudson County Freeholder gets a slap on the wrist for not reading instructions on filing ELEC Reports. Some feel the penalty isn’t stiff enough to prevent it from happening all the time.
- Biz Updates: The Clearview Cinemas Theater has a new target opening date; and so does the infamous Pier C Park; Popular mid-town eatery Park & Sixth gets outdoor seating; The new Signature Kitchen eatery gets an updated 411 listing along with menu.
- COMING SOON: W. Kodak Jewelers coming to Hoboken this fall and Miami Rice Pudding will delight residents. Both are downtown locations.
- REVIEWED: I’m not the only one in love with H & S Giovanni’s Pizza!
See what’s happening this week on Hoboken411 event calendar!
- The Downtown Farmers Market on Tuesday
- After you stock up on veggies- have a beer and test your trivia skills at Mikie Squared on Tuesday
- Meet the new Police Chief on Wednesday
- Learn about the proposed Ball Park uptown on Wednesday
- Movies under the Stars on Wednesday
- The Uptown Farmers Market on Thursday
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Veritas odium parit.”– Terence the Philosopher