2009 Spaghetti Dinner Block Party!
Hoboken411 has received countless emails from readers asking about the annual Spaghetti Dinner Block party on the waterfront – and if there even was one this year.
Well worry no more…
Spaghetti Dinner Block Party is on!
Thursday, September 3rd (5:00pm to 8:00pm)
- Where?: Walkway along Sinatra Drive bet. 1st & 2nd Streets (it used to be closer to Sinatra Park – but Pier C construction is in the way now).
- What can I eat?: 4 kinds of pasta, meatballs, sausage, salad, bread & dessert
- What can I drink?: Wine, beer, water, soda, will also be available at additional cost and sold to raise funds for the Hoboken Ambulance Corp.
- How much?: Tickets are $15.00 in advance (deadline for discount tickets is Friday Aug. 28th) Tickets purchased after deadline are $20.00 each. To reserve a table of 10 = $150.00. Tickets are limited
- Where can I buy tickets?: Tickets can be purchased at City Hall, the Cultural Affairs Office – 94 Washington Street – or call Gerri Fallo at 201-420-2207.
- I can barely walk – can I mail a check?: Sure! Checks should be made out to the City of Hoboken and can be mailed to: Hoboken Division of Cultural Affairs – 94 Washington St., Hoboken, NJ 07030. include a piece of paper with your name address & phone number and how many tickets you would like to purchase. (Be sure your math is good.)
The Spaghetti Dinner Block Party was an event that we started in 2005 to celebrate Hoboken’s 150th Anniversary – The idea was to recreate a community event that took place in 1955 for the City’s 100th Anniversary – a Spaghetti Dinner Block Party on Washington Street, except now we have it along the waterfront.
It has been a huge success. People really enjoy it so we’ve been doing it every year since. Just a fun way to end the summer. We set up tables along the walkway on Frank Sinatra Drive so that everyone can enjoy the beautiful view of the Manhattan skyline. People bring their families and businesses entertain their employees. It is one big outdoor community dinner party.