Hoboken Week in Review – 8/9/2009
9 dead in air collision over Hudson River
Hoboken411 broke the top story of the week yesterday (hours before any other NJ media) – with a sightseeing helicopter and small plane colliding over the Hudson River. All nine passengers are presumed dead.
Other than yesterday’s tragic incident – here’s what else happened in Hoboken the last week…
Here’s your potpourri of Hoboken!
This was an interesting week in Hoboken! While city hall didn’t pass out entirely – we were able to discuss many items other than the monotonous political landscape in town. New businesses, crazy dog park incidents, baseball and much more!!
So what made the most discussed entries for the week ending Sunday, August 9th, 2009?
A nice mix of topics this week!
A man was bitten by a Boxer at a Hoboken dog park. The person responsible for this took off. Crazy comments about it!
- (GROSSBARDLY) OVERPAID!
A former housewife and snapshot taker is making more than 99.9% of Mayors in New Jersey – with zero experience! The outrage begins NOW!
Our sneaky government steals more money from our pockets by raising taxes on the things we enjoy.
The Yankees are looking better and better. Are we going to win another World Series this year?
Hoboken411 once again proves it’s enormous value to the community. That live council video wouldn’t have happened without 411!
We recommend wearing protective gear when eating at restaurants beneath highrise buildings…
Comparing a Democratic parody against a Republican parody results in fierce political chatter.
His name comes up every time OxyContin is in the news. Hoboken411 broke the story about the $10,000 pill heist at CVS. Others caught up days later.
- FLOUR BOSS!
You need flour to make a cake, right? Buddy Valestro – of Carlo’s City Hall Bake Shop gets another season as a tertiary cable star. Fans flock to Flickr their proud moments on the sidewalk in front of the fattening bakery.
A random question about an “out of place” and “overpriced” condo development along Willow Avenue.
- Biz Updates: Piri Piri Portuguese BBQ should open this month; Pier C Park plugs along; The Berkshire apartment building is taking off faster than a NASA rocket; A Hoboken Dog Wash is taking the place of the Hoboken Watch Company – same owner; Koa Koa Frozen Yogurt opened up; Hoboken’s Movie Theater still remains unopened and Grande Pizza had their menu updated.
- DOOMED: So Green Yogurt bowed out of the Hoboken Yogurt marketplace before they started…
- REVIEWED: A guest Hoboken411 reviewer checked out Clinton Social – and won almost $500 in coupons!
See what’s happening this week on Hoboken411 event calendar!
- The Downtown Farmers Market on Tuesday
- Movies under the Stars on Wednesday
- The Uptown Farmers Market on Thursday
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“There are two types of people in the world: Creators and Destroyers. I prefer to align myself with the creators, because they bring something positive to society.”– George Lucas