Parking offender: 1st and Washington

7/28/2009:

Today, a Hoboken411 reader writes in to complain about a local real estate agent who apparently thinks one Hoboken bus stop is his personal parking space. Another Offenders on Film entry on people who park above the law and make the rest of us suffer. Here’s how reader “MiniDriver” sees it. What do you think?

Bus stop = free parking!

“While waiting in the rain the other day for the 126 bus to take me uptown, buses and pedestrians alike had to dodge this pricey BMW 328i Hardtop Convertible parked in the middle of the bus stop at First and Washington.

Apparently the guy who owns the car is a realtor across the street at Coldwell Banker. Perhaps he has the receptionist up front watch for the Po-Po while he enjoys the illegal parking space? Take a closer look and this clown even has his cellular phone number and on his license plate frames. How cheeseball! Apparently his name is Francesco and he couldn’t care less if traffic is backed up on Washington Street because the buses can’t get out of the way of traffic to pick up passengers because Francesco’s &^%$**&ing Beemer is the in the way. Here’s to you Francesco. You are the douche of the day!”

Hoboken411 note: Maybe Francesco learned this trick from fellow Realtor John LaBarbera? He parks his Bentley and Mercedes wherever he pleases with little concern for tickets.

Leave a Reply

49 Comments on "Parking offender: 1st and Washington"

sausageandpeppers
Member
sausageandpeppers

…and Ma Russo controls all the loading zones and bus stops in Hoboken! That Francesco guy probably had to pay her to park in that bus stop.

ElinorRigby
Member
ElinorRigby

damn look at what this guy parking in the bus stop brought on! you’re calling him a douche, scum, etc. WOW! so i’m assuming NONE of you on here have ever double parked, parked in a crosswalk, parked over crosswalk lines, parked on the Green side when you don’t have a permit, etc etc etc? ever? leave the guy alone. the ultimate punishment should be the ticket he gets.if the parking utility does their job or if the cops see him, they will give him a ticket… if they don’t, then rant on the cops, not this guy. he was doin what he had to do to run in the office… same shit u all would do. and if you deny that, ur all liars, so save it. what a bunch of self righteous people making him out to be such an evil guy… damn!

In response to sausageandpeppers who said:
…and Ma Russo controls all the loading zones and bus stops in Hoboken! That Francesco guy probably had to pay her to park in that bus stop.

sausageandpeppers
Member
sausageandpeppers

That’s not the point, Elinor. When the Russo family finally gives up control of the bus stops and the loading zones in Hoboken, you will see that such incidents will be cut in half. Other people like Francesco have identifying markings on their cars to let the police and parking people know that they have paid the “tribute” to park where and when they want. How stupid can you be not to understand this?

In response to ElinorRigby who said:
damn look at what this guy parking in the bus stop brought on! you’re calling him a douche, scum, etc. WOW! so i’m assuming NONE of you on here have ever double parked, parked in a crosswalk, parked over crosswalk lines, parked on the Green side when you don’t have a permit, etc etc etc? ever? leave the guy alone. the ultimate punishment should be the ticket he gets.if the parking utility does their job or if the cops see him, they will give him a ticket… if they don’t, then rant on the cops, not this guy. he was doin what he had to do to run in the office… same shit u all would do. and if you deny that, ur all liars, so save it. what a bunch of self righteous people making him out to be such an evil guy… damn!

andynnj
Member
andynnj

You’re right Elinor, I have NEVER double parked, parked in cross walk, etc. because I happen to THINK about other people and who I might be endangering or inconveniencing with my actions. I guess that’s what makes those of us who find this disgusting so different from you, who obviously does it too if you defend it so adamantly. What makes you think your time is more important than the law and other people’s time and safety? Clue: it’s not.

In response to ElinorRigby who said:
damn look at what this guy parking in the bus stop brought on! you’re calling him a douche, scum, etc. WOW! so i’m assuming NONE of you on here have ever double parked, parked in a crosswalk, parked over crosswalk lines, parked on the Green side when you don’t have a permit, etc etc etc? ever? leave the guy alone. the ultimate punishment should be the ticket he gets.if the parking utility does their job or if the cops see him, they will give him a ticket… if they don’t, then rant on the cops, not this guy. he was doin what he had to do to run in the office… same shit u all would do. and if you deny that, ur all liars, so save it. what a bunch of self righteous people making him out to be such an evil guy… damn!

FMTVENG
Member

yet the cops were out in force ticketing the newsvans parked at city hall for the protests yesterday…somewhat ironic.

angry
Member
angry

Last week people were posting that cops are not giving tickets to people who park illegaly. Now your complaining that they are giving tikets. There out doing their jobs and people still complain. They won’t win either way.

In response to FMTVENG who said:
yet the cops were out in force ticketing the newsvans parked at city hall for the protests yesterday…somewhat ironic.

mooshu
Member
mooshu

strand tramp, I throw asterisks in there just for you! 🙂

<3

strand tramp
Member
strand tramp

such language!

mooshu
Member
mooshu

Oh, and the worst part about these bus stop parkers is that they leave a wide gap between their cars and the car ahead of them… so that they wind up right in front of the bus stop. You know, where the bus is supposed to park?

What the f*ck is THAT? Why not just inch forward and leave the bus its space?

Maybe we should hop into these cars, pay the drivers the fare that would have gone to the bus and have him/her take us to where we need to go for just $2.55 (or whatever NJ transit is charging).

wpDiscuz