Really careless cooking 1026 Hudson

7/17/2009:

Live uptown? Wonder what those sirens are? Worried about your neighbors?

hoboken-fire-alarms-1026-hudson-street-careless-cooking

Food on stove – nobody home

A person living at 1026 Hudson Street apparently started to cook – but forgot to finish (or eat).

A call was overheard on the Hoboken411 Live Police and Fire Action Channel – that “smoke was coming from an apartment at 1026 Hudson” at about 3:10am. Fire department arrived, and detected a “slight odor” – and had to force their way into the apartment to find that “unattended cooking” was burning on the stove (with no one home).

Sigh – thank god for alert neighbors – the last thing you’d want is for a building to burst into flames!

Leave a Reply

3 Comments on "Really careless cooking 1026 Hudson"

lokelyokel
Member
lokelyokel

Maybe they were cooking up a love burger…well done

justaview
Member
justaview

perhaps they ran out for some $2.00 beers over at Helmers!

tinman
Member
tinman

really, dam I live in this building am I that heavy of a sleeper.

wpDiscuz