Hobokenpix: Papa John’s? Really?

7/16/2009:

[Continuing the ORIGINAL Hoboken411 “Photo of the Day” series…]

Hoboken Photo of the Day – 7/16/2009

No – I doubt we’re getting one of those – but spotted this Papa John’s Pizza delivery car illegally parked on Hudson Street uptown. (Damn – everyone is getting pizza lately but me!)

But seriously – does anyone like Papa John’s? Now, of course I have tried all three major “chain” pizza places (Dominos & Pizza Hut too) – and I’m starting to believe it’s like some kind of dry cleaning cartel. They must get the ingredients from the same central place – because they all taste like crap!

papa-johns-pizza-hoboken-delivery

PS – if you have images collecting dust on your camera or hard drive – send them in for eventual inclusion on Hoboken411! Please state how you’d like to be credited in your email, and a description – if desired!!

Leave a Reply

22 Comments on "Hobokenpix: Papa John’s? Really?"

lokelyokel
Member
lokelyokel

If Papa John ever showed up at my house like he does in the commercial I would pop him in the nuts with a bee bee gun like Mac does in Home Alone when the burglars show up…

pawzclawz
Member
pawzclawz

The only Papa John’s I remember seeing ever anywhere. I was on vacation in Key West Fla. A few years ago. I had no desire to try it.

shadowsjc
Member
shadowsjc

there’s one about 7 minutes away in jersey city heights on central ave.

re: the PJ’s car parked there.. maybe it’s a guy who delivers for them but lives in hoboken?

In response to pawzclawz who said:
The only Papa John’s I remember seeing ever anywhere. I was on vacation in Key West Fla. A few years ago. I had no desire to try it.

emarche
Member

Papa John’s is terrible and Papa John should feel terrible for pissing all over the wonder that is Pizza.

That being said, if you haven’t checked out Domino’s ‘Pizza Tracker’ for following orders…wow. EVERY takeout/delivery place should have this service. Pretty damn sharp.

But Papa John? Stay the hell out of Hoboken and take your lousy pizza with you!

HomeTeam
Member
HomeTeam

You do know that the “Pizza Tracker” is not real? All it does is work on a basic premise that it takes x amount of time to process your order…not one impressive thing about it.

I’ve seen it say that the pizza is out for delivery when in truth, the pizza hasn’t even been made.

Good for marketing, but BS in truthful application.

In response to emarche who said:
Papa John’s is terrible and Papa John should feel terrible for pissing all over the wonder that is Pizza.

That being said, if you haven’t checked out Domino’s ‘Pizza Tracker’ for following orders…wow. EVERY takeout/delivery place should have this service. Pretty damn sharp.

But Papa John? Stay the hell out of Hoboken and take your lousy pizza with you!

emarche
Member

That’s not what I’ve heard. And the one time I used it (in Hoboken, no less – don’t ask), the accuracy was incredible. w When it hit the “Out for delivery” stage, the guy was at our door within 10minutes. We’re on 14th Street, opposite end of town from the Hoboken Domino’s apretty nd it was a custom pie, so it seemed to synch up pretty well. Maybe we got lucky, but I thought it was a fun idea.

In response to HomeTeam who said:
You do know that the “Pizza Tracker” is not real? All it does is work on a basic premise that it takes x amount of time to process your order…not one impressive thing about it.

I’ve seen it say that the pizza is out for delivery when in truth, the pizza hasn’t even been made.

Good for marketing, but BS in truthful application.

hobokendave
Member
hobokendave

I can stand McPizza. The only people that like that crap are the ones who grew up where they were the only options. Anyone who grew up anywhere where Italian immigrants landed a 100 years ago is used to real homemade pizza made with real “gravy.”

masterofkarate
Member
masterofkarate

actually theres hardly any papa john’s on long island. pizza on long island is better than in hoboken. almost all owned by mom and pop shops–picking up pizza from dominos/pizza hut is pretty much unheard of. i can undersand how sometimes u just get a craving for that commercialized type of pizza though. i had dominos on speed dial in college. although that was in PA and there really wasnt that many pizza places around.

wpDiscuz