Hoboken 4th of July Links…
For those sticking around (or coming to visit) to watch the Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular – here are some helpful posts for you to brush up on!
A square mile of insanity
- The original Macy’s announcement – plus a map of where the shells will be launched.
- A list of street closings and other important information.
- Don’t get too nutty – Hoboken has a Zero Tolerance Policy – who wants to pay $1000 or go to jail on the 4th?
- If you walk along Sinatra Drive – be sure to arrive hungry!
- And check out the NY Times piece about the fireworks (mentioning Hoboken) – along with their very nice map of viewing locations along the Hudson.
Did you know?
That the Macy’s Fireworks will be much higher in the sky than usual? Because of the Palisades Cliffs – they’ve designed the shells to detonate at 1000 feet! Most years, they usually explode at around 500-600 feet.
I wonder if you’ll need binoculars?