NY Waterway Fireworks Cruise!
Fun Ferry – and a Fun Contest!
One good way to avoid the street crowds this Saturday – is to hop on a NY Waterway Ferry and enjoy the Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks right from the Hudson River!
You can hurry and book your tickets before they sell out – or win a Hoboken411 contest – and have your chance to win 2 or 4 free tickets! (see below)
“The best seats in the house”
NY Waterway Tours offers the best seats in the house – the middle of the Hudson River – aboard it’s 4th of July Fireworks Cruise boarding at 6PM at various terminals in NJ and NYC. The three that are most relevant to you are:
- Hoboken Rail/Ferry Terminal;
- Jersey City – Liberty Harbor Marina at the foot Marin Boulevard in Paulus Hook;
- Edgewater, NJ – River Road and Route 5, with free bus service from designated parking locations.
- (Plus others in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and central Jersey)
Passengers will be able to gaze up at the night sky as it comes to life with vibrant colors of this world-class fireworks display. All boats feature live radio broadcast of the music score to which the fireworks are synchronized. Cocktails, soft drinks and snacks will be available for purchase onboard.
Tickets, at $75 per person, may be purchased online at www.nywaterway.com or by calling 1-800-533-3779. Reservations are strongly recommended.
BOARDING beings at 6 PM – and Ferry promptly DEPARTS at 7PM (6:30 if you leave from East 34th Street)
OK – What is the contest – how do I win?
Sometimes managing a fun contest isn’t all that easy. Whether it’s countless emails – or large photo attachments – it can be quite time consuming. We considered a “Patriotic” photo contest – (human or pet) – but I realized that it’s too close to the 4th to handle it.
So I’m making this contest a bit easier.
Entering is simple: Make me laugh.
Here are my quick and dirty rules for the contest:
- You need to be registered on Hoboken411
- Post a comment
- In your comment should be the following:
– State how many tickets you’d like (2 or 4)
– Tell a joke. Has to be about Hoboken and the 4th of July.
– Please exercise good taste in your joke.
- First joke (or two – depending on # of tickets requested) to make me laugh out loud – WINS!
- One entry per commenter (you can tell all the jokes you want – but the first one is your entry)
Once I pick (and confirm via email) the winner(s) – I’ll announce the selection(s) in the comments section.
Arrangements will be made to pick up/deliver the tickets.