Sinatra Idol Contestants
Sinatra Drive, Sinatra Park – Sinatra Idol!
The great thing I like about Frank Sinatra impersonators, is that they can be one of many “Franks” through his illustrious career – the young, the prime and even the old!
See profiles of the dozen contestants that are slated to perform tonight – after the break – ironically, only ONE from Hoboken… How’s that possible?
(Hoboken Sinatra Idol Contestants, continued…)
Meet the contestants
- Joe Cofone, Paramus, NJ: retired cop who is currently employed by an engineering firm as an accident reconstructionist; 55 years old and has been singing Sinatra songs since the age of 16 or 17.
- Steve Holowacz, Stockholm, NJ: A retired co-owner of an instrument manufacturing business; As a young man listened and danced to Sinatra’s songs on local jukeboxes and became a fan.
- Mitch Maglio, Staten Island, NY: a Senior Manager of Project Management and Operational Analysis for Choice Logistics; started singing Sinatra in college; worked his way by hosting regular talent nights and singing in between acts.
- Greg Myers, Plainfield, NJ: Management Consultant; As a kid played piano and trombone and loved the standards, auditioned for a community theater play as an adult and only singing parts were left, had to sing on the spot and they loved his voice (got the part). After that, got the singing bug and karaoke made it easy.
- Rory Aylward, Astoria, NY: Army Reservist who just returned from a deployment to Afghanistan. On the civilian side, works in the film industry; Sinatra fan since high school, but didn’t start singing until they had karaoke at the Officer’s Club when on temporary duty in North Dakota in the summer of 1995.
- Sean Reilly, Wilmington, DE: Executive Recruiter with The Network Group in Wilmington, DE.; as a baby, his Mother would sing him Frank songs like “In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning” and “Nice & Easy” instead of “Itsy Bitsy Spider” or “Mary Had A Little Lamb”, By age 7, he was playing his Parents’ Sinatra albums, singing along with them.
- Antonio Torres Jr.: Brooklyn N.Y.; late 2006 started to sing at the Puglia Restaurant in little italy impersonating young Sinatra (the resemblance is uncanny) and everyone has said that he should do entertainment; now everywhere he goes carmeras take his picture.
- Bobby Fischetti, Staten Island, NY: born and raised in Brooklyn and learned to appreciate music from his mother. She had a particular fondness for Mr. Sinatra and was a bobbysoxer at the Paramount in the 1940s. Has been a school bus driver for 27 years and in his spare time sings professionally throughout New York and New Jersey.
- David J. Arellano, Staten Island, New York: Retired NYPD DETECTIVE after 20 years service, singing for over 30 years, introduce to Sinatra as a young child by my mother who adored him. After I left the police force, I started my own music business performing in Staten Island and the 5 boros. Doing this in memory of his mother.
- Lawrence A. Florek LCSW, Brooklyn, New York: started singing Sinatra songs in high school (1967-1969) @ Lafayette H.S. Brooklyn NY.; and has since continued to study voice, acting and stand-up comedy. Has performed in various venues including Don’t Tell Mama’s on 46th St. in Manhattan.
- Steve Arellano, Staten Island, NY: Sr. Equities Client Service Rep, for Merrill Lynch for 17 1/2 years, worked on wall street for 25 years; Started singing Sinatra songs at 16, lead singer for 2 different wedding bands so has an opportunity to sing many Sinatra songs. Dad was a huge Sinatra fan, so he heard Sinatra played at home growing up.
- Anthony Kane, Hoboken, NJ: started as a Blues singer, and in the last few years has been doing Sinatra and standards at Clubs in NYC.; currently works in sales.
Hope all that attend have a great time as always!!