Mac ‘n Cheese floods luxury condo
Burnt food activates sprinkler system
An hour or two ago, there was an incident at 1025-1027 Maxwell Place (5th Floor).
As overheard on the Hoboken411 Live Police and Fire Action Channel – apparently some burnt food on the stove activated the fire sprinklers above. (I made the “Mac & Cheese” reference as a joke – you know, million dollar condos + budget food = haha?)
Anyway, the FD was there for quite a while dealing with the water problem. Aren’t modern fire systems sophisticated enough these days to discern between cooking smoke and “the apartment is on fire – run for your life!” smoke?