Capitalism or Socialism?
Stumbled across this post from Rasmussen Reports that says…
Just 53% Say Capitalism Better Than Socialism
“Only 53% of American adults believe capitalism is better than socialism.
The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 20% disagree and say socialism is better. Twenty-seven percent (27%) are not sure which is better.
Adults under 30 are essentially evenly divided: 37% prefer capitalism, 33% socialism, and 30% are undecided. Thirty-somethings are a bit more supportive of the free-enterprise approach with 49% for capitalism and 26% for socialism. Adults over 40 strongly favor capitalism, and just 13% of those older Americans believe socialism is better.
Investors by a 5-to-1 margin choose capitalism. As for those who do not invest, 40% say capitalism is better while 25% prefer socialism.
There is a partisan gap as well. Republicans – by an 11-to-1 margin – favor capitalism. Democrats are much more closely divided: Just 39% say capitalism is better while 30% prefer socialism. As for those not affiliated with either major political party, 48% say capitalism is best, and 21% opt for socialism.”
What do you think?
- Do you believe that if you work hard – you should know no limit to your level of success?
- Should homeowners be bailed out because they invested at the wrong time?
- What about big, corrupt businesses?
- What hand should the government play in who gets what and how much?
- Who are the winners and losers either way?