Hobokenpix: Gearing up for St. Patty’s
[Continuing the ORIGINAL Hoboken411 “Photo of the Day” series…]
Hoboken Photo of the Day – 3/5/2009
Was walking by Yash Liquors (10th and Wash) with Oscar last night – and being the observant person I am – I noticed giant stacks of el-cheapo 30 can packs of beer. Like Coors Light, Miller Light and so on (along with some delicious Guinness as well).
I stopped in to snap a photo, and chatted with the owner. Here’s some bullet points:
- The Hoboken St. Patrick’s Day Parade is the single biggest revenue day for all liquor stores. Beats New Year’s Eve by far.
- Has the whole staff working that day/night “all hands on deck” style.
- He had over 500 cases of this cheapo beer in stock – and expects to sell out easily
- No public bathroom access allowed. He said not only can they make a mess (sloppy urination, vomit) – that they also do lots of drugs (cocaine, primarily).
- He said there’s been some fights in the past, but nothing that wasn’t quelled before massive damage took place.
PS – if you have images collecting dust on your camera or hard drive – send them in for eventual inclusion on Hoboken411! Please state how you’d like to be credited in your email, and a description – if desired!!