Hoboken Week in Review – 3/1/2009
March starts out white!
Heavy snow is expected to start falling in the area in the next 12 hours – and will likely be the biggest snowstorm of the season!
So, what made the most discussed entries for the week ending Sunday, March, 1 2009?
Hottest topics of the week
- The Annual Hoboken St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Many Hoboken residents have reason to be excited about this coming Saturday’s annual drunkfest. Many more can’t wait till it’s over.
- Unemployed Hobokenites – Now what?
Readers exchange ideas (and barbs) with each other regarding the economy and the job market.
- “Stick ’em Up!”
A frantic woman gets threatened downtown. Where was the community police then? Oh yeah, casing out cars uptown!
- Graffiti bandit in Hoboken!
Some readers were wondering what a wacky stenciled graffiti was. The conversation gets nutty.
- The new Obama National Anthem
Obama’s recent televised speech brought out some interesting feedback.
- No bad breath allowed at the W Hotel
And to make sure, the W Hoboken is handing out a care pack to all PATH commuters this Wednesday.
No one won the 171 Million dollar jackpot on Friday – and it balloons to 212 Million for Tuesday’s Drawing.
- A simple taxi ride in Hoboken
Turns into a “disturbance” many times a week. What is so difficult about that?
- Hoboken set to fix a few of the bumpy roads
Meanwhile, residents think they’re paving the wrong ones – with others getting neglected once again.
- Shovels, snow boots, wet feet, a big mess
Things you’ll see Monday if the big snow storm actually happens.
Other noteworthy stories
- A week in the life of a Hobokenite #1
Resident Sarah is the first reader up for the challenge. Watch the fun video!
- Bad economy spurs good ideas
Mario’s Classic Pizza offers a “Bailout” discount for yummy pizza!
- New Business added to the Hoboken411 Directory:
Don’t forget to check the Hoboken411 event calendar!