Special meeting on Wednesday
Be advised, that there’s a special “Committee of the Whole” meeting over at Stevens Institute this Wednesday, January 28th at 7pm (in the Howe Center, 4th Floor).
Experts from the Stevens Business and Technology Program will discuss “economic opportunities” for the City of Hoboken.
While I think some quite intelligent ideas will certainly be discussed, let’s have some fun with this. Use your imagination!
Technological improvements for Hoboken
- Install power-generating hydraulics on doors to the traffic summons window. Reduce energy usage by 36%!
- Develop giant robotic arm that removes double parked cars from street. Fine of $500 to get car released from robot’s grip.
- Dog Poop-sensing cameras on sidewalks. Collect fines.
- “Lie-collars” for city officials. Each time they tell a fib, their face gets sprayed with semi-permanent ink (lasts a week).
- Vomit-powered hybrids. Each St. Patrick’s Day will be enough puke to power city cars for a year!
What ideas do you have?