Casting Call: Comic Potential
The Hudson Theater Ensemble is looking for talent!
Open Auditions Next Week
Hoboken’s award-winning Hudson Theatre Ensemble casting for Comic Potential by Alan Ayckbourn, the Olivier & Moliere Award-winning playwright whose plays have achieved success throughout the world. In this comic love story, actors are replaced by robots & an aspiring young comedy screenwriter falls in love with an android.
Open Auditions: Hudson School Performance Space, 601 Park Avenue, Hoboken, NJ 07030 on Mon. 1/26/09 & Wed. 1/28/09 7-9 PM.
Callbacks held Friday and following Monday (if necessary). Sides provided. Non-equity. Non-paid.
Rehearsals evening &/or weekends. Performances in Hoboken Fri., Sat., Sun. 4/17, 4/18, 4/19 & Fri., Sat. 4/24, 4/25.
For further info: email@example.com
See what they’re looking for after the jump!
(Casting Call for Comic Potential, continued…)
- Chandler “Chance” Tate – crabby, comedy-film director fallen on hard times; forced to use androids for actors. (50’s – 60’s)
- Prim Spring- TV studio programmer (20’s – 30’s)
- Trudi Floote- TV studio technician (20’s – 30’s)
- Carla Pepperbloom- high-powered Regional Director of TV conglomerate (30’s – 40’s)
- Adam Trainsmith- aspiring comedy screenwriter, falls in love with Jacie (20’s – 30’s)
- Jacie Triplethree- female android actor – either malfunctions or develops human emotions & sense of humor (20’s – 30’s)
- Lester Trainsmith- elderly TV magnate in wheelchair (50’s -70’s)
- Marmion Cedilla- mouthpiece for Lester Trainsmith (30’s – 50’s)
- Other speaking roles all ages: Android actors (Doctor, Mother, Son, Farmer, Farmer’s wife), Hotel Desk Clerk, Waiter, Turkey the Pimp, Dress shop assistant, prostitute, Man in dress shop, Girl
- Also, set designer needed.
Have fun if you make the cut!!