Food poisoning at Garden of Eden?
I received a couple emails about some bad incidents with the fish over at Garden of Eden supermarket (226 Washington St.)
Scombroid poisoning from local supermarket?
“I just wanted to inform you about an incident I had with Garden of Eden. I bought a piece of salmon from there, cooked it and ate it for dinner 2 nights ago. I got food poisoning and was sick all night and all day yesterday-violently ill. The same thing happened a few months ago to my brother who bought a “fresh” piece of tuna from there. He broke out in hives and was sick all night. We initially thought it was an allergic reaction but then we found out later that the symptoms were related to a type of food poisoning caused by bad, old fish (called scombroid poisoning).
The store is completely over priced, which would be fine if you are getting quality goods. But now that we have had 2 terrible circumstances with in a few short months, we will never go back.
I think this is something the rest of Hoboken should be aware of.”
When I asked the reader if they contacted the management of the store, “the manager said he would give me a refund if i brought in the receipt but i had thrown it out…a gift certificate for canned goods prob wouldve been a nice gesture…”
This is why Hoboken411 likes pizza, FYI.