Help 411 choose a Prez…
In case anyone is wondering – I’m still “undecided” who I’m voting for in the Presidential Election on Tuesday, November 4th. There is so much spin out there on the airwaves – you really don’t know what to believe. There is so much going on behind the scenes in the U.S. Government that is unknown to the standard citizen.
But after watching Barack Obama’s half hour TV special last night – I truly think he has the best campaign ideas. Whether he’s able to carry out his “plan” is another thing entirely (you know – all plans start out ambitious). And how that affects the country as a whole, the economy, etc. is completely unknown. But it seems to me, that perhaps Obama does care about this country – and the “change” he proposes, might actually bring respect back to our country (either that – or he’s a Academy Award winning actor!)
With that being said – Here’s a little survey for the Pro-Obama readers out there… perhaps you can address these questions simply in the comments section. Help us undecided voters make a choice.
Reader Survey: Questions about Obama
- Tax Cuts: How much will a family expect save under Obama’s plan? Will the “wealthy” get creative, and figure out ways to pay less taxes as well? Will our overall tax revenue as a country decline or remain level?
- Green Jobs: Can they really create an average of 100,000 new jobs per U.S. State? If so, how long will this take?
- “Shining the light”: We all know that government in America is probably one of the most corrupt organizations in the world (just look at Hoboken). How in the world is he going to be able to get a grasp on that?
- Health Care: Obama’s plan to address the problems in Health Care is certainly aggressive. Do you think he’ll be able to successfully tackle the insurance and pharmaceutical giants?
- Foreign Oil: While I don’t believe the “global warming” theory, is his plan to reduce “dependency” on foreign oil realistic? Would that affect local prices at the pumps?
- Tackling poverty: Sure, minimum wage is not enough for most people to earn enough to be above the poverty line – but while there are honest hard-working people out there – there are also many folks that spend their money unwisely (drugs, alcohol, etc) – He can address the financial aspect of poverty – but what about the mental aspect?
- War in Iraq: While Obama shares the same “anti-terrorism” mentality that all Americans should have – are his expectations to end the war in Iraq – thus saving billions – realistic? Can he “secure loose nuclear materials” from terrorists in four years? Do we even know where they are? If elected – what are the chances we’ll go to war with Iran – or any other country?
Lastly – if you’re an Obama supporter – what single “event” (or failed action) would make you second guess your choice if he’s elected? Would it be war with another country? Failure to pass (insert bill here)?Hoboken NJ