Hoboken Week in Review – 10/192008
Hoboken411 doesn’t even get a day off on his birthday!
What made the Top 10 most discussed entries for the week ending Sunday October 19, 2008?
Hottest topics of the week
- The costly school budget
The Hoboken Board of Education is getting some serious attention these days!
- The final McCain / Obama debate
National politics brings out the opinions of Hoboken residents.
- Keep dreaming – We will always need oil
A brief mention of a Obama soundbite about foreign oil dependency creates a lengthy discussion on 411.
- Less kidney stones for residents
Road improvements abound in town – disruptions, noise and traffic jams ensue.
- THE OTHER SHOE DROPS
Many Hoboken residents will now get blasted with fatter tax bills. Just in time as the global economy suffers.
- Judy is ruffling feathers at city hall!!
State monitor Judy Tripodi isn’t taking prisoners – and city employees are miffed.
- More shopping coming soon uptown
The “Commerce Center” strip mall will be complete soon. The waiting game begins to see which coffee shop lands there.
- Sign Overload
Another look at the ridiculous amount of signs along Newark Street.
- An under-sized “waterfront park”
Another update regarding the upcoming Pier C Park along the Hudson.
- CRAPPY INTERSECTIONS
Hoboken411 readers gripe about bad corners downtown near the Skyclub as well as on Harrison Street.
- NEW Hoboken411 Feature!
A new Hoboken “Photo of the Day” – every day at 5pm! SOME CLASSIC ENTRIES LAST WEEK!!
- Hoboken – Home of proud alcoholics
Another one of the “Readerpix” is a classic!
- Corzine needs a “rescue plan” to save the state economically
Maybe starting with his fleet of security guards might help!
- More on the Board of Ed
Maureen Sullivan provides a full recap of last weeks meeting…
Don’t forget to check the Hoboken411 event calendar!
Some upcoming events in Hoboken:
- The Hoboken Artists Studio Tour IS TODAY!!
- TODAY, Stevens Cooperative has their Fall Harvest Festival
- A few more weeks left for the NY Waterway Fall Foliage Cruise! Hoboken411 readers save $5 bucks too!!
- Heaven, Hell or Hoboken continues at the Historical Museum.
- Get Jersey Fresh produce at the Hoboken Farmers Market (Tuesday’s – only a few more weeks left!)