Hoboken Week in Review – 10/12/2008
What made the Top 10 most discussed Hoboken411 entries for the week ending Sunday October 12, 2008?
Hottest topics of the week
- We have a burger verdict
Hoboken newbie Five Guys Burgers and Fries pleases a majority of residents!
- Suspense thriller a semi-let down…
Rumor about Clearview Cinemas turns out to be one “lot” off – and was instead referring to a neighboring construction project.
Giant Hoboken Real Estate developer Tarragon back in the financial news – talk of de-listing the company re-surfaces again.
- Do you want a job with the Hoboken school system?
Plentiful “Bennies” for those who work in our school system – and they want even more now!
- McCain vs. Obama – Round 2
Hobokenites discuss the latest Presidential Debate!
- Will it Sell?
One local resident is a bit cynical towards certain Real Estate offerings – opinions may vary.
- ECONOMIC MELTDOWN!
As the Global markets plummet at a breakneck pace – people are running scared!
- Smoking Aces!
Seems like the flailing economy postpones the smoking ban in Atlantic City, NJ.
- I’m not a stripper!
Recent progress report at “The Commerce Center” (formerly known as the Uptown Strip Mall).
- Maxwell Place update
Some additional news about the biggest current real estate project in Hoboken.
- NEW Hoboken411 Feature!
A new Hoboken “Photo of the Day” – every day at 5pm!
- NFL Trash Talk continues…
Seriously – a Philadelphia resident despises local teams – and wants H411 readers to know!
- Any idiot knows that’s anti-freeze!
A car leaks some colorful automotive fluid – half the city workers show up – traffic backups ensue
Don’t forget to check the Hoboken411 event calendar!
Some upcoming events in Hoboken:
- Hearing for a memorial tree & garden for Annette Illing is on Tuesday
- Heaven, Hell or Hoboken continues at the Historical Museum.
- Comedy of Errors at the Monroe Center
- Get Jersey Fresh produce at the Hoboken Farmers Market (Tuesday’s through October)
- The Annual Far Hills Race (The Hunt) is this Saturday!