Hoboken Week in Review – 9/28/2008
What made the Top 10 most discussed Hoboken411 entries for the week ending Sunday September 28st, 2008?
Hottest topics of the week
- Towering NJ Transit proposal from Hell!
As Hoboken411 has been predicting for years, the NJ Transit Rail Yards “wall of skyscrapers” plan gets unveiled.
- “I hate the Eagles”
A simple NFL trash-talking reader mail turns into a hot topic.
- Mugged and robbed
A story about a man who was punched and had his wallet stolen worries some residents about the effectiveness of our Police Department.
- We finally have a trial date
Previous 4th Ward Councilman Chris Campos will finally get his day in court on October 27th. Drinks to celebrate afterward.
- You gotta try the pizza!
Hoboken411 is a huge fan of Zebu Forno’s plain pizza slices. Oh, and the desserts and coffee were a smash-hit as well!
- They keep fighting the big developers
Neumann Leathers forges ahead with their fight against the man.
- Presidential Debate was a snoozer
No great soundbites from the recent McCain / Obama TV chat.
- Going deaf in your dreams!
A reader is miffed by the noisy late-night garbage trucks and hollering sanitation workers.
- Idiotic tree-murderer
Yet another Hoboken resident airs his frustrations about a dope that recklessly kills a tree with a moving truck.
- Out of control rent
The Hoboken411 Legal Beagle discusses rent-control.
- QLC on saving Neumann
The Hoboken Quality of Life Coalition talks about sustainability.
- McSwiggan’s Pub re-opens
Downtown residents are happy they have more alcohol imbibing options again. What fire?
- Blimpie’s loses weight
One 411 reader things the Wall St. crisis is what led to minuscule meat proportions on the sub sandwiches.
Hoboken411 is excited by the new and improved Event Calendar on the left sidebar. Even a brand-new full calendar as well! Sucks doing it all here, but when I do things right, it pleases me tremendously.
Some upcoming events in Hoboken:
- The Fall Arts & Music Festival is TODAY!
- Neumann Leathers fundraiser Maxwell’s (ongoing)
- Also, don’t forget that Heaven, Hell or Hoboken continues at the Museum.
- Comedy of Errors at the Monroe Center
- Get Jersey Fresh produce at the Hoboken Farmers Market (Tuesday’s through October)