NFL Trash Talk
Like clockwork – the anti-Eagles reader submits more pictures that you’d only see in Philly – and says “Starbucks would never stoop so low”…
C’mon – I’m a little miffed about that, as I prefer Dunkin’ Donuts over Starbucks any day.
See previous burns after the jump…
Just in time for football Sunday, the “Eagles Fan hater in Philly” returns with another burn for the city of brotherly love.
Economy not bad in Philadelphia.. at least not at Costco
They say Dawkins’ nickname is “weapon X”, here is “weapon XXXL.”
(Just returned from that parallel dimension)
Well that Philly resident keeps sending in pictures to Hoboken411 in order to keep this trash-talk thread going… this time without a message – just the title of the email “FW: Losers!”
Rest of the trash-talk after the jump. I’m still waiting for someone send me an email about a team they despise…
I know we have a horde of Eagles fans in Hoboken – but get this: an anti-Philly fan – who actually lives in Philadelphia sent this picture to Hoboken411 along with a brief note about TastyKake Butterscotch Krimpets:
“Do Eagles fans really need to be any fatter?”
PS, if anyone wants to talk trash about any other team – just send it in, and I’ll post!
Sports rivalries can stir up emotions more than practically anything else (around here at least). Couple that with pride and alcohol, and the result can often end up being a senseless fight. Boston & New York, Philly & New York, Mets & Yankees all have crazy history behind them.
Personally, I find it a bit ridiculous, as most folks have never even played on those teams. It’s like punching each other over your favorite color.
I don’t want to start any fights, but one Hoboken411 reader, who’s a lifelong NY Giants fan INSISTED that I publish this list about “annoying Philadelphia Eagle fans,” from www.amiannoying.com. He also invited Philly fans to “show him what they got” and “dare to even try and talk smack about the Super Bowl champs!”
Why Eagles fans are annoying
- They booed Santa Claus at a game.
- They cheered while Dallas WR Michael Irvin was lying motionless on the field with what turned out to be a career ending injury.
- Since many fans are rowdy at games, Veterans Stadium built a holding cell and courtroom beneath the stadium to deal with arrested fans immediately.
- Fans often shout insults at the opposing team’s bus as it arrives at the stadium.
- They booed the draft selection of QB Donovan McNabb. They now think he is one of the best QB’s in the league.
- They have a fight song called ‘Fly Eagles Fly.’
- When Washington Redskin unofficial mascot Chief Zee attended an Eagle home game at the Vet, the fans did not appreciate his taunting. They beat him badly enough that he suffered broken legs and they stripped him to his underwear (1983).
- In an effort to apologize, the Eagles invited him back the following year when he was accosted by an elderly female fan who threw a drink in his face and said “You’ve got a lot of nerve coming up here! We mugged the guy who dressed like that last year! (1984).”