Hoboken Week in Review – 9/14/2008
Another exhausting week in Hoboken!
National politics again leads the pack, but what other subjects made the Top 10 most discussed Hoboken411 entries for the week ending Sunday September 14th, 2008?
Hottest topics of the week
- End of an Empire
Midtown gym bottoms out – competing fitness centers scramble to get new clients.
- Fired up to drink
Previously dumpy McSwiggan’s bar is now fancy after getting burnt to a crisp. To open any day now.
- City employees are “insiders”
2nd Ward Councilwoman Beth Mason brings up controversial “affordable housing” at luxury condo.
- Knocking out the comptition
The uptown Club KO facility doubles in size – perfect timing since another major gym just bit the dust.
- Italian festival wraps up
Big waterfront street festival concludes – Corzine stops by – then fireworks steal the show.
- Pretty trash can
Readers wonder again about how the city spends its money.
- Big guns needed to rob and steal
A pedestrian gets held up. Weapon used? Some kind of automatic rifle.
- We are the state’s bitch
Hoboken pretty much can’t make a move without getting approval from the state of NJ.
- Animal meat on a stick
24 hour Kebab House coming soon!
- More animal meat coming soon to your gullet
Cluck-U chicken may be another way to lick your fingers good in Hoboken.
- More on the big bad State
Read more about exactly what the state “takeover” really entails.
- Parking enforcer violates own rules
A Hoboken411 reader documents how Parking Director blatantly doesn’t give two hoots.
- Can you hear us now?
Find out what the most popular cell is in Hoboken – surprisingly NOT the iPhone!
Some upcoming events in Hoboken:
- Neumann Leathers fundraiser Maxwell’s
- Also, don’t forget that Heaven, Hell or Hoboken continues at the Museum.
- Lonely? Try Speed-dating at Quays – this week and next!
- Pasta-licious. The Annual Spaghetti Dinner Block Party is this week!
- Get Jersey Fresh produce at the Hoboken Farmers Market (Tuesday’s through October)