MLB Playoffs 2008

9/11/2008:

While the NY Yankees aren’t mathematically eliminated from making the post season yet – we can all be certain it’ll be the first time in 14 years they aren’t in the the playoffs. Good. More work will get done for me! We’ll see how the returning World Series champion Red Sox fare instead.

However, the NY Mets are in a slightly tighter predicament. With their win last night, combined with a Philadelphia loss, the Amazins’ have padded their lead in the NL East to 3 1/2 games. But is that enough to ensure a playoff birth and win the division?

Also, there are many Philadelphia fans in Hoboken getting nervous, so how will the last few weeks of regular season baseball pan out?

hoboken-2008-major-league-baseball-playoffs.gif

MLB Post-season polls

{democracy:170}
{democracy:171}

Assuming the season ended today (but factoring in fringe wildcard hopefuls):

{democracy:172}
{democracy:173}

Once we’re down to the final four, I’ll post a world-series poll.

Leave a Reply

14 Comments on "MLB Playoffs 2008"


9
Member
9
8 years 17 days ago

Anyone wanna buy my Yankees playoff tickets? 👿

Biffy B For Mayor
Member
Biffy B For Mayor
8 years 17 days ago

[quote comment=”105243″][quote comment=”105238″]I knew you were teasing. He actually is far smarter than I am, so I actually doubt he would make such a poor editing error… I was redacting my sentence and forgot to re-read.[/quote]
I do that all the time- 99% of my grammar errors are attributable to editing and not re-reading. The other 1% are pure stupidity!

Are you going to freeze some of that soup or is your son going to get 6 servings a day for the next 3 days. :D[/quote]

Hey — can we take this chit-chat to another room? Leave it to two women to eff up a perfectly good sports topic.

GO METS!!!

jscirish27
Member
jscirish27
8 years 17 days ago

I already froze three quarts and portioned out 5 small portions for him. I am currently in the process of production of healthy, organic baby food for all of Hoboken. Investors anyone? 🙂

Katie_Scarlett
Member
8 years 17 days ago

[quote comment=”105238″]I knew you were teasing. He actually is far smarter than I am, so I actually doubt he would make such a poor editing error… I was redacting my sentence and forgot to re-read.[/quote]
I do that all the time- 99% of my grammar errors are attributable to editing and not re-reading. The other 1% are pure stupidity!

Are you going to freeze some of that soup or is your son going to get 6 servings a day for the next 3 days. 😀

jscirish27
Member
jscirish27
8 years 17 days ago

I knew you were teasing. He actually is far smarter than I am, so I actually doubt he would make such a poor editing error… I was redacting my sentence and forgot to re-read.

wpDiscuz