Hoboken Realty Management Co

manage

Description – Full service property management
Services – Property management – condo & co-op properties
Address – 264 1st St, Hoboken, New Jersey ( NJ ) 07030-3535
Telephone – (201) 659-8001

hoboken realty.JPG

Leave a Reply

17 Comments on "Hoboken Realty Management Co"

willow
Member
willow

Looking for a new management company for my building. Any updated suggestions. I am tired of having to stay on top of every little thing and chase our company to make sure things get taken care of.

TanyaT
Member
TanyaT

Hey Willow…We live on Clinton in Hoboken and have been through a few mgmt companies since we bought our condo but have been with RobinsOak Management for the last few years. No company is perfect but at least they respond to my emails/calls. [quote comment=”204780″]Looking for a new management company for my building. Any updated suggestions. I am tired of having to stay on top of every little thing and chase our company to make sure things get taken care of.[/quote]

mooshu
Member
mooshu
You children make it sound like Ed is a conniving little weasel. He is not. We’ve been tenants of Hoboken Realty Management for upwards of five years now, and I can offer a more balanced perspective– something some of you crazies have been lacking as of late– on the guy. First off, I’ll agree that he’s not the most punctual in terms of getting things done in a residential building. But if you want things done, you can’t come across like an asshole either (which is what I’m seeing here for the most part). Your landlord/management company is supposed to be someone you respect, so if you want someone like them to listen, you’d better put your big boy and big girl pants on and ask nicely. Also, get your neighbors involved in the calling process. Secondly, Hoboken Realty has hired unreliable companies to handle their business, from plumbing to heating/electric. “Pini and Sons” sound familiar? That’s where they’re failing– it has nothing to do with their attitude. The key in dealing with this issue is to use the emergency number for most cases, and call them after regular business hours (in the evening and on weekends) to handle the problem. It will get fixed a lot quicker if you do that because a company other than Pini’s does the job. We had a couple of issues several years ago and decided to take the mature “kill it with kindness” route. It worked, and now, even if we have to… Read more »
Joe
Member
For your information, Ed DOES work for the people who hire him & if you think otherwise, then it’s time you woke up. Calling the people here who have been Ed’s victims “arrogant snobs” or immature is childish in & of itself, not to mention insulting & narrow-minded. Give US all a break & mind your own business if you don’t like what others have to say, since the gripes written here are quite legitimate & fair. You are adding insult to injury & I STRONGLY suspect that your comments are neither sincere, nor are they legitimate. In fact, I strongly suspect that your cleverly written post has another agenda & I wouldn’t be surprised if you were on the board of one of the bldgs that Ed manages. Your efforts in that regard are completely transparent. In response to mooshu who said: You children make it sound like Ed is a conniving little weasel. He is not. We’ve been tenants of Hoboken Realty Management for upwards of five years now, and I can offer a more balanced perspective– something some of you crazies have been lacking as of late– on the guy. First off, I’ll agree that he’s not the most punctual in terms of getting things done in a residential building. But if you want things done, you can’t come across like an asshole either (which is what I’m seeing here for the most part). Your landlord/management company is supposed to be someone you respect, so if you… Read more »
Joe
Member

As a P.S. to my original post back in March of 2007, I’d like to add that I TOLD YOU SO to all the people who said,
“Oh Ed isn’t that bad”. Really? REALLY?
Tell me that AFTER he neglects YOUR building, is rude to YOUR partner, hangs up on YOU when you call in a panic because your ceiling has caved in or puts you on hold for TEN MINUTES.
Tell me that AFTER he lies to YOU, steals YOUR money & makes any attempt to maintain your property in a fair & decent manner an exercise in abuse.
THEN come back here & tell everyone how sweet Ed is!

homeintheboken
Member
homeintheboken

[quote comment=”86477″]Well I retract my last comment and urge everyone who uses them to carefully examine their statements.

Our building recently left Ed and Hoboken realty. We found out we were paying 350 a month in elevator maintenance, our new mgmt company got us a new company and we are paying 150. That’s over 2 grand a year. Also found ridiculous charges monthly for stamps, faxes, copies. 50 dollars a month for garbage bags.

We pay to have our snow removed yet Ed paid a fine to city on the same day he paid the company for snow removal. Cant prove it but it certainly looks like HR is as bad as Quimby and someone is getting kick backs. Our fault for not being more agressive and watching what he was doing. So much for good faith in the management company you hire to represent you.[/quote]

Who do you use now? I’m on the board of our condo and we use HR and I am not pleased. Partially our fault because there hasn’t been a board in years (people moved out, nothing happened) but I am looking for a better solution.

Nina
Member
Nina
I have been reading 411 for two years and have never felt the need to register and comment on anything, but was finally compelled to do so by the rude, disrespectful treatment I received from Ed. He never returns calls and when he does speak with you is condescending, bullying and won’t listen to you. I agree with Hobokenj that he is getting kick backs from the contractors he uses, who do not do very good work. And we finally got repairs done that we had been waiting on for 6 months. I have never had such an unpleasant interaction with anyone in my whole life. Please avoid him at all costs. In response to homeintheboken who said: [quote comment=”86477″]Well I retract my last comment and urge everyone who uses them to carefully examine their statements. Our building recently left Ed and Hoboken realty. We found out we were paying 350 a month in elevator maintenance, our new mgmt company got us a new company and we are paying 150. That’s over 2 grand a year. Also found ridiculous charges monthly for stamps, faxes, copies. 50 dollars a month for garbage bags. We pay to have our snow removed yet Ed paid a fine to city on the same day he paid the company for snow removal. Cant prove it but it certainly looks like HR is as bad as Quimby and someone is getting kick backs. Our fault for not being more agressive and watching what he was doing.… Read more »
Joe
Member

Good for you Nina for posting this. Being treated badly seems to give people the impetus to take action, even if it is as simple as posting a warning others.

In response to Nina who said:
I have been reading 411 for two years and have never felt the need to register and comment on anything, but was finally compelled to do so by the rude, disrespectful treatment I received from Ed. He never returns calls and when he does speak with you is condescending, bullying and won’t listen to you. I agree with Hobokenj that he is getting kick backs from the contractors he uses, who do not do very good work. And we finally got repairs done that we had been waiting on for 6 months.
I have never had such an unpleasant interaction with anyone in my whole life. Please avoid him at all costs.

panicmule
Member
panicmule

30 units in the building.

wpDiscuz