Hoboken Week in Review – 8/10/2008
A warm summer welcome to all the new Hoboken411 readers!
Here are the Top 10 new, bumped or updated postings this week that had the best, most diverse and hottest overall discussion in Hoboken for the week ending Sunday August 10th, 2008.
Hottest topics of the week
- Coming Attractions:
Progress report on the future Clearview Cinemas theater arriving in 2009.
- Park Ordinance not good enough
And voted down by the Hoboken Planning Board.
- Promotions for everyone!
Doling out money like a PEZ dispenser over at the Hoboken Board of Education.
- The Beijing Olympics
…are well underway. Hopefully no stabbings occur in Hoboken about medals.
- “I did it our way…”
Part historical landmark, part Mayoral publicity stunt, part fun topic of discussion: A progress report on Sybil’s Cave along the waterfront.
- 3x the dirty diapers
The community discusses the incredible Hoboken triplets.
- Big developer has a Condo Factory in Hoboken
Real Estate player URSA / Tarragon has some of their property profiles on Hoboken411 updated.
your glassmoney for the homeless
The second of two annual fundraisers to help the Hoboken Homeless Shelter.
- Save Neumann Leathers!
The Neumann Leathers Tenant Association throws a shin-dig to help stave off developers who want to ruin the artist community in Hoboken.
- Homeless from the Homeless Shelter
One (who some readers call “nuts”) homeless girl complains about the conditions of the local shelter.
- Hoboken’s Pipes are broken
This water main on Park Ave. is trying feverishly to complete its “Frequent Flooding Card,” as crumbling infrastructure irritates local residents once again. One resident drives straight into the hole. In related news, Hoboken is a candidate for a future Darwin Awards location.
- Roberts’ Fiscal Follies: The Musical
A genius Hoboken411 reader re-writes “My Favorite Things” to accommodate our lovely Mayor.
- Beer is more important that the people that drink it
Local hot-spot Maxwell’s demonstrates utter lack of courtesy to its neighbors.
Summer events continue in Hoboken (you can see them listed on the calender on the bottom of the left sidebar – Let me know if I’m missing any good ones!)
- Yoga at the park on Mondays
- And another Monday option, Shakespeare in the Park (only two weeks left!)
- Get Jersey Fresh produce at the Hoboken Farmers Market (Tuesday’s through October)
- Movies at Pier A on Wednesdays (Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix is playing this week!)
- More performance art at Sinatra Park on Thursdays. This week, SKAnatra entertains us.