7/15 BoE Meeting Canceled
One Hoboken411 reader (and resident) wonders “WHY?” the meeting was canceled!
From the looks of it… I have to say it doesn’t seem “right…”
What’s the deal?
“FACT: On July 10th, an email was sent to all board members that 3 trustees; Garcia, Defalco, Raia, may not be in attendance at the july 15th boe meeting. That would leave Minutillo, Gilliard, Markle, Romano, Farina, Rhodes-Kearns- 6 trustees… an interesting possibility of their being a 3-3 split on the agenda…
FACT: On July 15th word came that board member Frances Rhodes Kearns would not be able to make it… still leaving a quorum
FACT: On July 15th, at 2:15pm the board secretary polled the remaining members of the board to see if they were planning on attending the boe meeting those available; Minutillo, Gilliard, Markle, Romano, Farina – A QUORUM- but with a Kids First majority… Hmmm…
However, Jimmy Farina didn’t like the quorum so he said he “wasn’t feeling well” and wouldn’t be at the meeting. He supposedly made a comment “we’ll be slaughtered”..
FACT: On July 15th, at 2:25pm Board President Frances Rhodes Kearns officially cancelled the meeting
FACT: at 5:30pm Frances Rhodes Kearns was seen shopping at the ShopRite (by another board member who also happened to be grocery shopping)
FACT: at 6:30 pm Jimmy Farina was dressed up and leaving his home (also seen by neighbor Theresa Minutillo in the midst of a conversation on the corner with his wife)
FACT: by 7pm Jimmy Farina was spotted at the little league championship game in Hoboken. Hmmm, “not feeling well enough” to DO YOUR JOB??
Rumor is that certain board members received calls to “stay home”
Whose playing games and WHY??“
MEETING CANCELLED: Five board members are “unavailable.”
Couldn’t possibly have anything to do with agenda item #1, right?
tentative cancelled Hoboken Board of Education agenda for your review.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
6:00 p.m. Stated Session
Board Meeting Room, 1115 Clinton Street, Hoboken, New Jersey 07030
- Settlement Agreement on Administrative Consulting.
- Policies: 2nd reading: Travel (Amended); Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying (Amended); Title I Parental Involvement; Policy Series 1000 and 2000, 1st Reading.
- Approval of minutes.
- Utilization of facilities: outside agencies.
- Creation of Positions: Network Systems Administrator; Part-time Assistant to the Television Director.
- Personnel: Appointments, including Supervisor of Special Services; Network Systems Administrator; Co/Extra-Curricular Staff; Music Coordinator; Social Worker; Teacher Aides; Theatre Director; Gifted & Talented; Part-time Assistant to the Television Director.
- Personnel, including: Reappointment of Part-time Clerks; Transfers of various staff; Replacement of program staff.
- Workshops, seminars, conferences, staff training.
- Special Education: Outside placement of students, related services.
- Renewal of temporary certificates of occupancy (TCOs) for temporary classroom units (TCU’S) for 2008/2009.
- Fiscal reports, school reports, fire drill reports, Board committee reports, A148 and A149 financial reports, budget line transfers.
- Claims, regular and workers compensation, addition to professional service contracts.
- Award of Bid Contracts for 2008/2009; possible award of food management contract.
- Acceptance of grant funds, including Reading First.
- Approval to apply for 2008/2009 No Child Left Behind Entitlement.
- CLOSED SESSION- Discussion of Negotiations; H.E.A., Principals/Administrators and Custodial/ Maintenance.
Any matters relating to the above items that may come before the Board. Please be advised that the Board may be required to go into closed executive session during this meeting to discuss potential litigation and personnel items. Action may be taken on all agenda items.