July 4th Fireworks 2008
Like I’ve mentioned before, it’s certainly a super-sized show, but I find it a bit overwhelming. I still prefer the smaller shows, such as our own Hoboken Italian Festival (later in the summer). You’re closer to the action, so it’s much louder.
For those that love the explosive missiles, here’s some local area action this week. Common sense indicates that these shows will start after dark, so no times are listed.
Thursday July 3rd
- The Meadowlands Fair started last week, and I heard the fireworks there are supposed to be really good, too. Tomorrow and Friday are the fireworks.
- For fireworks and even MORE fun, take a 2-hour drive down to The Borgata in Atlantic City. Great show launched off the roof! Check out the new Water Club luxury hotel while you’re there!
- You can take a quick drive to Secaucus at Mill Ridge ball field.
- Or if you’re really feeling fruity, head down to Bayonne and get your fix down there.
Friday July 4th
- Naturally, the Macy*s Spectacular (but it’s not really fun to watch from Hoboken).
- For those who feel like sailing, you could always try the NYWaterway cruise too. $74 for adults. Leaves Hoboken at 7pm. Call to check availability.
- The annual Liberty State Park show. Taking the Light Rail is recommended.
- And day two of The Meadowlands Fair fireworks.
You could always stay in Hoboken, and watch the various (and illegal) “amateur” fireworks display (sponsored by City Hall, who proudly advertises Pennsylvania Fireworks in the lobby).