Moving Arts & Music Festival
Should the Arts & Music Festival be moved?
With ample proof that this space can handle large crowds – why hasn’t the city moved the bi-annual Arts & Music Festival over here? There are many benefits:
- A larger space to see the bands. The current “stage” downtown is too narrow.
- Away from residential buildings. I’m sure many people would be pleased that the racket would take place elsewhere.
- Better for businesses on Washington Street.
- Improved police & fire response times.
- More than twice the area. From approximately 3 acres of space to around 8 acres. You can either have more vendors, more room to walk around or both.
I’m sure there is some explanation for why it’s still being held on city streets. But it probably isn’t logical anymore.