Cunningham does make endorsements

6/2/2008:

From a resident and Hoboken411 reader:

Crossing party lines

hoboken-peter-cunningham-endorsements-democrate-sm.jpg“I was an ardent supporter of 5th Ward Councilman Peter Cunningham last year. I contributed to his campaign; I canvassed for him and with him. I knew that Councilman Cunningham was a registered Republican and then changed to Unaffiliated (and is now a Republican again) – but definitely not a Democrat. I set aside my lifelong comment to the Democratic Party and because of his seeming integrity, so I was more than proud to support his election as the 5th Ward Councilman.

While Hoboken411 was pushing Councilman Cunningham to endorse a Freeholder candidate in the Democratic Primary, I respected and defended his decision not to because he is not a Democrat. For a Republican to interfere with the Democratic Party’s primary is at the very least unethical. So I was proud that my Councilman was remaining neutral for the Democratic Primary and thereby maintaining his integrity and my faith in him. I recently discovered that Councilman Cunningham is indeed inserting himself into the Democratic Party’s Primary. Councilman Cunningham still has not endorsed a Freeholder candidate (to my knowledge) but he did write endorsement letters for several people running for Democratic Committee (one is attached). Since so many Hoboken411 readers have been asking for Councilman Cunningham to make a Democratic Freeholder choice, I knew you would want to know about this development and would find it odd.

The real issue though is the commitment to the Democratic Party of the committee candidates accepting the endorsement of a Republican. After all the primary purpose of every single Democratic Committee person up for election this year is to assure that a Democrat is elected as President in November. It seems that their loyalties may not be to the Democratic Party now or in November if they are such “independent democrats” that they appear to have an allegiance to a Republican over their own Party.

To all the Democrats in Hoboken, when you vote June 3rd please choose your Democratic Committee people very carefully. Choose those that will preserve the Democratic Party for Democrats and who will work to return a Democrat to the Whitehouse!

Anonymous to avoid retribution.

Leave a Reply

52 Comments on "Cunningham does make endorsements"

ss1959
Member
ss1959

Back to 5th Ward Peter. I sat next to him at the 2nd Republican Abraham Lincoln dinner. He said he was a moderate who was registered as a Republican. I believe (not 100% sure) he then became Independent. At Dawn Zimmer’s primary party he said that he is now a Democrat. Unfortunately he’s not the only one. Arlen Spector was just the latest. I belive that he is an honest person. He’s a moderate.

PJIII
Member
PJIII

Strand Tramp,

I am sure you are on here somewhere bleating like a goat about Raslowsky not having his kids in the schools. So here is the question to you. Do you think it is relevant for everyone with a say in the schools to have their kids in the schools? If not, go and piss in the punchbowl of some post on who has the best pizza in town, you meaningless fool.

PJIII
Member
PJIII

I agree with Grizzly. He is spot on. I, for one, was glad that Beth stayed out of the BOE race considering her kids are in a private school in Manhattan. I don’t judge anyone for where they send their children to school, but for private school parents like Mason and Cunningham to pretend to care about the public schools in Hoboken, it is a bit farcical at best. Zimmer put her kids in the Charter school. If she is so adamant about improving the public schools, she should put her kids in them and get involved like Maureen and Ruthie.

strand tramp
Member
strand tramp

so if you don’t have children in the public schools, then you don’t care about the public schools? really? because if we have only 1600 total hoboken children in the public schools (the rest are from surrounding communities and their children are stealing from hoboken taxpayers) then you are saying only those 1600 parents care about hoboken public schools? and since many of them are from families with more than one child, we might be able to cut that number down more, say by a couple hundred? so now less than 1500m people in hoboken care about the public schools?
it that what you are saying? because it sounds like you have your head up your a$$.

In response to PJIII who said:
I agree with Grizzly. He is spot on. I, for one, was glad that Beth stayed out of the BOE race considering her kids are in a private school in Manhattan. I don’t judge anyone for where they send their children to school, but for private school parents like Mason and Cunningham to pretend to care about the public schools in Hoboken, it is a bit farcical at best. Zimmer put her kids in the Charter school. If she is so adamant about improving the public schools, she should put her kids in them and get involved like Maureen and Ruthie.

matt_72
Member

Well – it makes sense if you look at it a different way. The way I think he means it is “you don’t care about the gravy train if you aren’t on the gravy train”.

In response to strand tramp who said:
so if you don’t have children in the public schools, then you don’t care about the public schools? really? because if we have only 1600 total hoboken children in the public schools (the rest are from surrounding communities and their children are stealing from hoboken taxpayers) then you are saying only those 1600 parents care about hoboken public schools? and since many of them are from families with more than one child, we might be able to cut that number down more, say by a couple hundred? so now less than 1500m people in hoboken care about the public schools?
it that what you are saying? because it sounds like you have your head up your a$$.

Red Haven
Member
Red Haven

Feh.

Red Haven
Member
Red Haven

Watch the video closely. All the candidates had notes. Some just kept it better hidden than others. Even your sainted Dawn Zimmer had notes so she could remember to say “Roberts/Cammarano” at the beginning of every sentence.

Seriously Colin. Enough is enough. You aren’t helping your cause. Your boy Ravi came off as an elitist bully at the last debate. Do you really want him to do more damage to his image?

Colin
Member

Spin, spin, spin, it never ends with you Red Haven.

You are my favorite! And as far as who alienates people better, I think you have the title belt for that

In response to Red Haven who said:
Watch the video closely. All the candidates had notes. Some just kept it better hidden than others. Even your sainted Dawn Zimmer had notes so she could remember to say “Roberts/Cammarano” at the beginning of every sentence.

Seriously Colin. Enough is enough. You aren’t helping your cause. Your boy Ravi came off as an elitist bully at the last debate. Do you really want him to do more damage to his image?

hoboken333
Member
hoboken333

OMG, Colin!

Red Haven is my favorite too… it’s like a verbal spin class, only instead of making you feel healthy, you end up feeling nauseous and lied too.

YAY!

In response to Colin who said:
Spin, spin, spin, it never ends with you Red Haven.

You are my favorite! And as far as who alienates people better, I think you have the title belt for that

wpDiscuz