CityMD Urgent Care
CityMD – Hoboken, NJ – 231 Washington Street
Soon taking the place of the re-located Hoboken Nails & Spa at 231 Washington Street is CityMD Urgent Care.
“CityMD Urgent Care values convenience, quality of service, and superior medical care. With several locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island, Westchester and Rockland County, we are always there when you need us. Our highly trained staff uses electronic medical records and electronic pharmaceutical transactions, and our board-certified emergency medical physicians will see you quickly, then they take the time to give you the right diagnosis, answer your questions, and set up the aftercare you need. We want you feeling better when you leave.”
CityMD is doing quite well. As you can tell from the money they spent creating this “feel good” commercial promo peppered with all the right buzz-words (love, care) along with the jolly music:
What is the real reason for the surge in Urgent Care spots?
I have a few theories as to why this fairly noticeable surge in Urgent Care spots all over the place. Hoboken alone has had a bunch in recent years (PromptMD, Barnabas, AstraHealth, etc.) Could be a combination of many reasons, such as:
- People are sick and tired of the bureaucracy you have to endure at bloated hospitals.
- The service tends to be quicker and more friendly at an urgent care center.
- Urgent care centers feel cleaner with less degenerates hanging around.
- Doctors realize they can profit 10x with their own version of the ER.
- Greed associated with the hell-hole known as the entire medical industry.
- The chance of them getting bought out at a massive profit by other medical behemoths arouses them.
- Maybe they just like taking care of people?
Regardless – it’s an interesting phenomenon for sure.