Hoboken Week in Review
Hoboken Week in Review – March 20, 2016
Below are a some posts that appeared on Hoboken411 for the week ending Sunday, March 20, 2016:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Big water main break – Swallows car, almost an entire city block. City calls it a “water leak.”
- Free parking – If you give free shit to certain people!
- Parking Meter Scam – The city tickets drivers even when they’re on their way to the meter to pay!
- “Pay by Plate” – City begins Orwellian method of paying for parking.
- Declining Hoboken School Enrollment – Hmm, I wonder why many parents are sending their kids to school elsewhere?
- Bum Season – The homeless have the best waterfront views of anyone!
- NJ Alcohol Laws – Why do they vary so much?
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Propeller Festival – An ambitious sounding event – scant on details.
- Moe’s Sneaker Spot – A new shoe & apparel store tries their luck in Hoboken.
- CityMD – Yet another Urgent Care place is apparently needed for all the sickos in town!
- Go Viral – Good ideas do not spread virally anymore – only bullshit entertainment.
- Jet.com expands – Doubles office space. Amazing what venture millions can help you achieve!
- Union Hall Hoboken – New “gastropub” coming to the waterfront.
- Millennials love cars too – Don’t believe the hype they force-feed you!
- Bow Tie Cinemas – What is worth seeing this weekend?