Hoboken Monday Morning QB
You ever have one of those weekends where nothing got accomplished?
Well Hoboken411 (me) just had one (first in a VERY long time…), and believe me, it’s no fun come Monday morning. I’ll spare you the details, and sum up some random Hoboken items to start the week:
Did you experience any of these?
Water problems again seemed to pop up over the weekend, along with some other incidents I ran across when I caught up with my email:
- There was a sink-hole and water issue over at 11th and Park early Sunday Morning. Residents lost water for a few hours, but it was quickly repaired. A Cadillac SUV was in danger as well.
- Another water main break was reported over at 1st and Harrison.. nothing major, but a steady flowing stream was called in by an HPD officer.
- A Hoboken411 reader mentioned a street brawl on Saturday night (Sunday morning) near Maggie’s Place bar. He claimed it was a “loud band of hoodlums fighting for 20 minutes” and that “the police never even showed up.” He claimed he is upset that he “pays a lot of property taxes and there was zero police presence.” I didn’t have the chance to ask him if he even bothered calling the cops. This is the kind of weekend I had.
- Lastly, one reader was miffed that I mentioned “personal happenings” in my Twitter account. Hey, I never promised what it was going to be, I just put it on the right sidebar for sh*ts and giggles. He no longer “follows” me on Twitter. I’m heartbroken. I guess he’ll miss the breaking news now that I’m back from “vaca.”
Upcoming for May:
Here’s some notable upcoming items you might be interested in (or not)….
- While most of you are at work on Tuesday, there’ll be a Frank Sinatra Stamp ceremony at Pier A
- Come down to celebrate Israel’s 60th Birthday over at Mulligan’s on Thursday night
- The 12-hour music and exercise fest for Relay for Life is down at Pier A this coming weekend. Support the American Cancer Society and show up for a few hours!
That’s it for now.
See you in an hour for more Hoboken-related stories!
Stay dry today!