What is this street lamp gizmo?
A Hoboken411 reader wondered what this contraption was on a street lamp near the downtown CVS:
I don’t recall seeing this on any city resolutions, so what could it be?
- Wireless weather sensors used to monitor urban weather and/or pollution?
- Sensor to monitor all cars’ speed and location, all the time, everywhere?
- Simple street-light powered wi-fi access points?
- A controller to active lamps at sundown?
- A “Here comes Davey, we better get back to pretending we’re working” monitor?
- An “Uh Oh, yet another pedestrian hit by a car in front of city hall” monitor?
Not sure, but there seems to be some kind of sensor on the top. Anyone know for sure?