Hoboken Breaking News Corner
Since it’s next to impossible for me to be awake 24 hours a day, I’ve created a new category today.
Breaking News Corner
This section will be reserved EXCLUSIVELY for “citizen reported” breaking news events, and can be utilized to discuss any important stories or incidents BEFORE (or IF) they get published as an entry on Hoboken411. Please comment in this section only for those types of incidents.
If the incident warrants it’s own story on 411, you can continue the conversation there (once I put it up). I’ll do my best to add the appropriate link(s) in the comment section here.
Do’s and Dont’s
Use this entry only for breaking news items such as:
- Severe auto accidents (with injuries, or multiple cars, etc. – not minor fender benders)
- Building Collapses
- Injury/Death to prominent Hoboken figure (politician, celebrity, etc.)
- Water Main breaks
- Crimes (muggings, riots/big fights & brawls, shootings, etc.)
Do NOT use this section for:
- Political purposes (to quote another source, or mention some kind of press release or statement from a local pol)
- Rants and Raves (there are sections already for that)
- Anything not considered breaking news (stuff like “I almost got hit by a car” – you can put that in the rant section)
That’s it! Hopefully, there won’t be too many severe or disastrous items clogging up this category, but we all know it’s inevitable.
Have a great week everyone!