New Feature: Coupon Corner!
Even though I’m supposed to be on vaca, I added a few retail coupons, including a 30% Friends & Family from our local Foot Locker (exp. 5/3)…
Today, I’m proud to announce a much over-due feature on Hoboken411: The Coupon Corner.
In the section located on the top menu bar, you’ll find local deals in Hoboken that you can click & print, saving you money on purchases over and over.
There were multiple reasons which motivated me to come up with this idea:
- For one, I was getting a bit dismayed at the number of local businesses that were unable to keep up with the rising rents. So I wanted to create an affordable way for businesses to promote additional foot traffic without hurting their bottom line. I hope that with a some creative energy we can spur a little economic uprising in town.
- My mailbox was getting overwhelmed with the increasing number of coupon books, mailers, envelopes filled with printed material that gets tossed out most of the time. And after I heard what some businesses were paying for this crap, it made me sick to my stomach (which is hard to do.) Hence, the Hoboken411 Coupon Corner.
- The amount of reader traffic 411 gets is more than all other coupon mailers combined. Why shouldn’t this be the best place for money-saving coupons?
- Flexibility. If a store decides that one of their coupons isn’t performing well, they have the option to change it weekly.
- Promotion. As additional stores come on board, and new offers are announced, Hoboken411 will regularly make that known to the reader population.
- Not that I’m the best environmentalist, I thought printing only the coupons you’d use is a lot better than wasting a glossy, expensive book just for a one-use coupon. Win-win situation!
So with that being said, the idea was born. And rather quickly, too.
Who’s participating so far?
We start out today with only 14 stores in town, but I hope that number will increase as time goes on.
The featured businesses for this inaugural week include some food establishments such as The Cheese Store, Joe’s Prime Meats, Rita’s Ice, to a bunch of Clothing/Apparel stores like About a Girl, M. Avery, Rubee’s Closet, Spreading the News, and new business Volonte Shoes & Accessories.
Rounding out the launch is Bridal shop Koru Wedding Shoppe, top pet store Cornerstone Pets, the best workout at Club KO, kick-ass vintage items at Mackey Blue, and perfect Mother’s Day gifts and other items at Michelangela.
Hopefully, many of you will find some offers that are attractive to you, and support our local businesses!
Have a great lunch today, I’ll be back later in the afternoon!