Chiropractors Opposing Violence
Chiropractors Opposing Violence Week
Chiropractors Help Victims of Domestic Violence… We Can Make a Difference!
The numbers are scary but we don’t have to feel helpless. There are hundreds of organizations working to reduce domestic violence. They are doing what they can. We Can Help. We can make a difference… One important way we can help is by raising money to protect victims of domestic violence. That’s why COV was formed. During the week of May 7th, chiropractors across NJ will be taking financial donations in exchange for their time and services. Every dollar donated will be used to support local shelters sponsored by the New Jersey Coalition for Battered Women.
During the past 3 years, COV raised $20,000 for victims of violent domestic situations. Remember-the more you help us the more we can give. Bring your family. Bring your friends. By making a donation during the week of May 5th you’ll be helping a good cause at the same time you’re helping to stay healthy. Together we can make a difference and can stop the violence.
- New Patients making a $30 donation receive a full chiropractic examination and x-rays, if needed.
- Current Patients making a donation can receive one adjustment during the week of May 7th at no charge.
- Every 9 seconds a woman or child is beaten in the U.S.
- 30% of Americans say they know a woman who has suffered from an incident of domestic violence.
- Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women.
- Children who witness violence exhibit a range of problem behaviors including depression, anxiety and violence towards peers.
- Domestic violence, child abuse and youth violence are inextricably connected.
- Domestic violence in the U.S. costs an estimated $67 billion annually.