Board of Education election TODAY
4/15/2008 Final (10:15pm):
The budget also passed 1903 – 747
Here’s the final numbers including absentees.
Carmelo Garcia 2241
Frances Rhodes-Kearns 1906
Phil DeFalco 1897
Tricia Snyder 1475
Brian Assadourian 1132
Phil Campbell 1050
Maureen Sullivan 863
Ron Rosenberg 514
4/15/2008 9:50pm Update:
Here are the final (preliminary) results – may be off by one or two…
Carmelo Garcia 1873
Phil DeFalco 1548
Frances Rhodes-Kearns 1544
Tricia Snyder 1378
Brian Assadourian 1061
Phil Campbell 1000
Maureen Sullivan 846
Ron Rosenberg 482
Polls are open, so remember to stop by on your way home and vote.
Today is “E-Day” in Hoboken!
Let’s show the local politicians that we’re NOT apathetic voters, and DO care and DO understand the importance (both fiscally and otherwise) of the Board of Education in Hoboken.
Polls open from 2pm to 9pm.
Here’s what you can use to educate yourself about today’s choices:
Board of Education election
- A snapshot summary of all the candidates running
- Some deceptive tricks used by candidates and slates
- Candidate Maureen Sullivan states her case
- Candidate Tricia Snyder tells you why to vote for her slate
- Candidate Ron Rosenberg shares his ideas
- Councilwoman Beth Mason makes her recommendations
- Council members Cunningham and Zimmer make their endorsements
- School board president Theresa Minutillo tells you who she’s backing
- $1 per year advisor Richard Tremitiedi chimes in as well
- Also noteworthy was the big ($56.9 million dollar) Budget Hearing a few weeks ago