Ever need a vacation?
I mean, badly?
Been mentioning the need for a short break from the “grid” on the past couple Sunday “week in review” articles… Now it’s time to step it up a bit.
Running a site like this has many pluses for me, and I don’t think I would ever change a thing. However, as you saw in my two-year anniversary piece, I’ve been doing this pretty much non-stop for over 750 days! I’ve had a few mini-breaks sprinkled along the way which were usually 24 hours or less. I’d like to take maybe four or five days (mentally and/or physically) away from Hoboken. The continual work, research, emails, late nights, and more is starting to take it’s toll. When you use slow days like Christmas or Thanksgiving to clean your home, something is wrong!
Feel like volunteering?
So here’s what I’m looking to accomplish. A few days of “reader submitted” articles while I re-charge. I’m looking for about 50 submissions.
If you have something to say about Hoboken, you can have it published on 411. See the list below:
- Has to be about Hoboken in some way, shape or form.
- Should be non time-sensitive (i.e., not “breaking news”)
- Suggested topics include (but are not limited to): City Hall, ways to improve town, things you like about Hoboken, restaurant reviews, band promotions (videos and/or mp3’s), little known facts, transportation issues, parking, new trends, fun places, shopping, pets, family stuff, and more.
- If you have pictures to include with your article, please attach them to the email.
- Specify how you’d like to be credited. Otherwise, it’ll be credited as “Hoboken411 reader.”
- Entries must be received by SUNDAY APRIL 27, 2008.
Since I run a virtual business, I will still check the site once or twice a day, to ensure things are working ok, and perhaps to approve any moderated comments.
I appreciate any help I can get, and look forward to seeing what some of you would like to see published!