Healthy Summer Planning
Free Healthy Summer Planning events at ShopRite of Hoboken
Sure, ShopRite may be a big conglomerate – but at least they’re providing free events geared towards healthy living (although 90% of the store is made up of packaged goods chock full of preservatives – but that’s a story for another day…)
ShopRite of Hoboken, an Inserra Supermarkets store, is hosting a full roster of healthy summer planning events throughout July. Jenna Stock, R.D., in-store registered dietitian, will lead each of the LiveRight offerings and provide easy-to-implement nutrition and wellness advice. Dates and times are subject to change and free, unless otherwise noted. All programs are open to the public, held at ShopRite of Hoboken and do not require advance registration, unless otherwise noted:
- Fri., July 10 – “Dip it Good” with Sabra Greek Yogurt Dip, 3 – 5 p.m. Come “dip it good” at the Dietitian’s Corner and sample dips made with Sabra Greek Yogurt. Sabra offers a variety of different and healthy dipping options that are perfect to enjoy all summer long.
- Sat., July 11 – Product Spotlight: Bare Snacks, 12 – 2 p.m. Visit the Dietitian’s Corner to sample a fantastic summer snack – Bare Snacks Apple Chips.
- Sat., July 11 – Produce Pick, 1 – 3 p.m. ShopRite’s registered dietitian will be mixing this week’s produce pick into a delicious new dish. Drop by the Dietitian’s Corner for a sample and recipes too.
- Sat., July 18 – Healthy Summer Beverages Featuring Life Ice & Lipton Tea, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Stop by the Dietitian’s Corner for the ideal “beat the heat” summer drink – Life Ice “cubettes” and Lipton Cold Brew Iced Tea.
- Mon., July 27 – NEW! LiveRight with ShopRite Kids’ Culinary Workshop, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. Space is limited, and pre-registration, at the Courtesy Counter, is required. Bring the little chefs for a new, hands-on cooking class with Jenna, ShopRite’s in-store dietitian, and Chef Vicki. This month’s “Greek Feast”–themed event is sure to be fun and nutritious for all. The cost is $20 for one child with an adult and $10 for each additional child.
- Thurs., July 30 – LiveRight with ShopRite Adult Culinary Workshop, 7 – 9 p.m. Please note space is limited, and pre-registration, at the Courtesy Counter, is required. Join ShopRite’s in-store dietitian and culinary chef in creating a healthy, delicious meal as part of ShopRite’s Culinary Workshop series. This month’s theme is “Cookout with Cans!” The cost is $20 per person.
- Fri., July 31 – Healthy Beach Snacks, 3 – 5 p.m. Not sure what to bring to the beach to snack on this summer? ShopRite’s registered dietitian has got you covered. Visit the Dietitian’s Corner for some healthy and portable snack options.