Hoboken Week in Review: 4/19/2015
Hoboken Week in Review – April 19, 2015
Below are a some tidbits that crossed Hoboken411’s desk during the week ending Sunday, April 19, 2015:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Parks cannot be maintained! – When “things” become complicated – they naturally become harder to maintain. Case in point: Pier C Park.
- Hoboken Chains – Mom and Pop? Or “big money / cheap shit?”
- Council – A tenth of a billion dollars a year. YOUR money gets what?
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Athleta – Gap “chain” for ladies workout stuff – coming to Hoboken.
- Francesca’s – Classy ladies clothing (i.e., chain store)
- Luke’s Lobster – A decent seafood spot coming soon!
- Starbucks is rich! – Renovations to them are like daily bowel movements. No big deal!
- Gallery at Garden Street Lofts – Great new artist space. Opening show features Ricardo Roig!
- Del Frisco’s Grille – Big name steakhouse coming in 2015.
- Tip Toe Shoes – Quietly sneaks out of Hoboken.
- Alex and Ani – Available everywhere – but only ONE spot in Hoboken!
- Spa Diner – Lucky to get a GREAT new owner!
- Blue Eyes Cafe – Brick oven Italian now with waterfront views. Is the taste / price worth it?
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Catch a movie. Discuss. Forget.