Christmas is Over
Down the drain – Christmas is over in Hoboken
This happens every year – Christmas is over so soon for some people. It’s still technically “Christmas Weekend,” and a whole lotta trees have already been discarded in town. What gives?
I came up with a few theories:
- They might have honestly either had a crappy tree, or failed to water it properly to the point where it became a fire hazard (the only valid point I could come up with for “early disposal.”)
- They suffer from OCD and absolutely cannot feel right about having a tree after the holiday has concluded.
- Or another version of OCD being unable to cope with the falling needles and constant cleanup?
- Or prefer getting ready for the next holiday ASAP? Go MLK!
- Live in such tiny apartments whereas getting rid of the tree effectively doubles their living space (can’t blame them for that!)
But if you care for your tree (watering daily) you can easily keep it going well into January. Sad to see these trees go by the wayside. Until 2015…!
Conceived and launched in 2006, the original Hoboken Photo of the Day category contains thousands of pictures and includes many other subsections, including Drunk Bread Crumbs, HDR Photography, Hoboken Digital Art, and more.
We feel that by photo-documenting the city of Hoboken season after season, “a picture is worth 1000 words,” and can tell a myriad of stories encompassing the good, bad and the ugly contained within the mile-square. Our constantly-evolving way of maintaining a historical archive of memories and sights.
Want your picture featured? Simply email Hoboken411@gmail.com with your photo and back-story!