Let’s play Hoboken Jeopardy!
3/10/2008: Bumped for those that may have missed this entry on Saturday.
Two part entry! Thanks, Erin for the tip!
#1: Hoboken on National TV – not for SWAT
Did you know that Hoboken was a featured category on Jeopardy! last week?
“The Hoboken Five” was the category in round one, and here were the answers. Do you know the questions?
- In 1998 a park in Hoboken was dedicated to this entertainer, “Hoboken’s gift to the world”
- Predicted by classmates to become a “second Darwin”, he became an expert on sexual behavior
- For a brief time in the 1850s, this songwriter called Hoboken home–Oh, de doo-da day
- This Hobokenite of Chinese descent turned tennis pro in 1988 when he was just 15
- In 1924 Georgia O’Keeffe married this Hoboken-born photographer 23 years her senior
#2: Let’s Play Hoboken Jeopardy!
So this got me thinking, what if we had our own version of Hoboken Jeopardy!?
What would the categories be? What would the answers be?
See the image below for a few I made a few up off the top of my head, plus some others, such as: “Doomed,” “Rivers run wild,” “Envelopes,” and “Transportation Mishaps.”
What other categories can you think of?
We can make this a weekly or daily game. Just put your suggested categories or questions in the comments section. Categories will just be for fun, and you can pose your own answers to the rest of the readers. Use this format:
ANSWER: I set an all-time record for ribbon-cuttings. Or…
ANSWER: If you didn’t kiss my ass, you’d never get a permit. Or…
ANSWER: You’ll often find me floating after a major rain storm.