Hoboken Week in Review: 10/19/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – October 19, 2014
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts on Hoboken411.com for the week ending Sunday, October 19, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Monarch at Shipyard – Hmmm. Despite the political debates – we have a feeling this project will eventually get built. Just a matter of when.
- Homeless Hilton – If you get off your phones, you’ll see the swelling homeless population in Hoboken.
- Immobilizing your cars – Why do you enable a group of thugs to render your car useless?
- Dust Bowl – All this road work is dragging the quality of life down a few notches.
- Bomb Scares – Are we over those yet? Can we stop being so scared and paranoid?
- HPU Hypocrisy – Grab the lube – because you enable it!
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Crumbs pieces itself back together – Carby Cup Cake shop back on the Avenue.
- AirBnB – The Gov’t HATES when people try to make a living without their hand in the cookie jar.
- Hoboken Flashback – Mile Square looked a lot different eight years ago.
- Hoboken Man – Upscale barbershop celebrates 5 years of success…
- Taco Truck – Also rejoicing over half a decade.
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets: Not much time left! Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown. (weather permitting)
- Bow Tie Cinemas – Brad Pitt in a movie about a tank squadron. Yawn.