Hoboken Week in Review: 9/7/2014
Hoboken Week in Review – September 7, 2014
Here’s a selection of noteworthy posts on Hoboken411.com for the week ending Sunday, September 7, 2014:
City Happenings & Political Quackery
- Biker warnings – Stiff fines for poop offenders – but bicyclists are much worse!
- Uber Moron – Bobble-headed councilman makes a video of a taxi ride. And you’re paying his platinum health care? Haha!
- Tag-along “mayor” – The distinguished college that calls Hoboken home, calls a different Mayor to make a special speech.
- Park downgrades – Lots of money spent to make dog runs worse than before.
- Crumbling… – Signs of decay (literally) all over Hoboken.
- Rumbling… – “Improving” safety comes with some drawbacks.
- HPU THEFT – Parking is a (financial) privilege for the city.
Business & Other Hoboken Updates
- Hudson Table – Great new cooking venue coming this fall!
- Hoboken Italian Festival – Today is the LAST day!
- New drawing class – Using an old-school “app” called your bare hands.
- High Style – Ladies are lucky to have a quality Italian fashion store in town.
- Hoboken Farmers’ Markets: Get your “Jersey Fresh” veggies every week! Tuesdays downtown – Thursdays Uptown and Saturdays Uptown. (all weather permitting, of course!)
- Bow Tie Cinemas – A pretty good movie opens this week!